LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If you want to see a perfect example of how a thread can deteriorate rapidly there's one going on the Dark Side at the moment entitled "have We Lost Out Now?" It started out with someone asking why they only had 28 vans at Lincoln whereas other clubs had many more. Fun wasn't specifically mentioned but the vitriol and poison just poured out.
To save you having to read the whole diatribe I will summarise it for you:
Apparently "Fun seems to be far more successful than us at attracting members but that's because they are all just interested in free drink and bacon sandwiches, hate caravanners and Muslims, can't criticise their leader, are forced to wear ridiculous yellow badges and make a lot of noise.
But in Facts we know how to REALLY run a rally and we like it the way it is. Even though "the other lot" seem to attract 6 times as many members to their rallies."

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I told you I was on the balcony!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If you want to see a perfect example of how a thread can deteriorate rapidly there's one going on the Dark Side at the moment entitled "have We Lost Out Now?" It started out with someone asking why they only had 28 vans at Lincoln whereas other clubs had many more. Fun wasn't specifically mentioned but the vitriol and poison just poured out.
To save you having to read the whole diatribe I will summarise it for you:
Apparently "Fun seems to be far more successful than us at attracting members but that's because they are all just interested in free drink and bacon sandwiches, hate caravanners and Muslims, can't criticise their leader, are forced to wear ridiculous yellow badges and make a lot of noise.
But in Facts we know how to REALLY run a rally and we like it the way it is. Even though "the other lot" seem to attract 6 times as many members to their rallies."

Are we bovvered?...nope.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well...

It sounds like this "Twerking" thing is disgusting and "Twerkers" are sinners who won't be going to heaven.

Thank goodness none of it has ever broken out at any of the meets I have attended.

My mum would not allow me to attend any function where "thrusting" in public took place.

Indeed, had Dad known I actually knew people who knew about such matters he would have cut me out of his will and there would have been no more pies for me.

And please remember... if you do not agree with me then you are simply wrong. :whistle:

JJ :cool:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well what can I say? I'm sure I have video footage of Carol twerking (or doing something) on a table at Wrenbury -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvw5hPvqIg - look at 2mins in and 3mins 20 secs in! ;) :rolleyes:

So where did the
free drink and bacon sandwiches, hate caravanners and Muslims, can't criticise their leader, are forced to wear ridiculous yellow badges and make a lot of noise.

come from??? Obviously someone who hasn't been to a Fun rally! Free drinks and bacon sandwiches? I don't think so! We have caravanners who are members and I expect some Muslims. No-one makes us wear our badges - we do it with pride! We do sometimes criticise our leader ( may his name be praised!) e.g. when he turns the lights out in the marwuee And lastly - we don't need to be made to make a lot of noise - we do it quite naturally! :LOL::LOL:

OK - so we do have some scary ex-forces types I agree - but they are lovely really - not biased of course! ;);)

Keep on having FUN!!!! :):)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well...

It sounds like this "Twerking" thing is disgusting and "Twerkers" are sinners who won't be going to heaven.

Thank goodness none of it has ever broken out at any of the meets I have attended.

My mum would not allow me to attend any function where "thrusting" in public took place.

Indeed, had Dad known I actually knew people who knew about such matters he would have cut me out of his will and there would have been no more pies for me.

And please remember... if you do not agree with me then you are simply wrong. :whistle:

JJ :cool:
You know, your such a nice chap, I really do struggle to disagree with you.......:cheers:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Joking apart, well apart from joking, are the Dark Side so far up there own botties to worry about how many of us turn up to a rally?

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I totally agree with you Carol. As you know, I am a very quiet and withdrawn person, unwilling to express a forceful opinion, unless its concerning pretty wild flowers, or a ladies lovely dress. There are times that I am almost driven to tears by replies I get, no, I will go further.....I actually cry! There, I've said it!
If only the harsh speakers would take time to show a small slice of pity for those, like myself, who suffer from a delicate nature......:wasntme::wasntme:
LOL ! :D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've left this thread alone all afternoon and 11 hours after the first mention of twerking still no Miley.

Oh well if nobody else is going to do it here goes:

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I bet the other lot don't allow Twerking! I've only been a Fun member for a week or so, only had a MH for a week...been to one rally, and LOVED every minute! Keep it up people! :rock:

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Tweaking is OK, but as my Granny used to say.."funs fun but keep your arse off the pillow.."

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well what can I say? I'm sure I have video footage of Carol twerking (or doing something) on a table at Wrenbury -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvw5hPvqIg - look at 2mins in and 3mins 20 secs in! ;) :rolleyes:

So where did the

come from??? Obviously someone who hasn't been to a Fun rally! Free drinks and bacon sandwiches? I don't think so! We have caravanners who are members and I expect some Muslims. No-one makes us wear our badges - we do it with pride! We do sometimes criticise our leader ( may his name be praised!) e.g. when he turns the lights out in the marwuee And lastly - we don't need to be made to make a lot of noise - we do it quite naturally! :LOL::LOL:

OK - so we do have some scary ex-forces types I agree - but they are lovely really - not biased of course! ;);)

Keep on having FUN!!!! :):)

OMG Marie, just shows the power of You Tube, I have lost a stone and a half since then. :wub:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I only ever think to look at the Dark Side when it gets mentioned on here and that thread about numbers at rallies certainly went downhill very quickly and thanks to Jock for defending Fun. Looking elsewhere they are still very bothered about the change of ownership and the ex leader (may his name be damned, to misquote something I read elsewhere) has been parachuted in to sort out the problems but seems to be taking his time about it. No wonder so many are still defecating defecting. :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
OMG Marie, just shows the power of You Tube, I have lost a stone and a half since then. :wub:
as i told the wife Carol, it's ok you didn't lose it, it's on yer bum instead:moon2::boxing::Eeek::imoutahere:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Where do I sign up for the twerking rally ?I don't partake myself but I'm an avid spectator
For the measly sum of just £20, you can visit an establishment where young ladies of dubious morals Twerk, (amongst other things), whilst wearing nought but a string vest and last weeks chip papers.......(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back