fun window sticker warning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JohnM, Sep 27, 2011.

1. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Good morning,I went out to m/home yesterday to remove my c/c and fun stickers from the rear window and w/screen the c/c sticker peeled off with no marks,unfortunatly the fun sticker is welded to the window so i had to leave it, as trying to remove it could well cause damage to the window as a blade and solvent may be required for complete removal.:cry:
    So i wont be puting fun stickers on my new to me m/home when i get home.So Jim if you decide to change next bach to peel of please let me know as i will miss meeting other funsters on our travels.:Sad:

2. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Top Tip !!

Try warming it up with a hair dryer, works for me !!:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

My fun stickers are those self sticking plastic ones (those that seem to use static to stick) came off no problem when i removed them the other week in readiness for changing our unit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Self adhesive stickers (Sticky) as opposed to self cling are generally made for sticking to glass windscreens and should never be applied to any plastic surfaces of any kind
    Same go's for head lamp masks, if the lens is plastic then mask is better stuck onto headlamp protectors, then protectors can be removed for normal UK use:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I had a job getting one off, hair-dryer is of course a good aid that I did not think of:Doh::RollEyes:

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sorry to hear that. We paid extra to have them made with removable glue for that very reason. I just checked mine which was the very first one ever stuck to a window so has been stuck longer than any other and it peeled off really easily. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

One thing for sure I am not going to test a peel as happy where they are:Smile:

8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Did not peel mine right off, but just been and checked it.

Seems to be coming off really easily.

I wonder if perhaps some sort of polish has affected it ? ( As a demonstration, silicone based polishes de-laminate carbon fibre ! Not many folk know or realise that.. So a polish that chemically changes the glue on a sticker is far from odd I would have said ! )

9. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Fun sticker update

Hi guys thank you all for your advice on sticker removal.I have been out with hair dryer a few seconds and they peeled of intact.To be honest i was afraid to try to hard as i have had experiance trying to remove car dealer adverts from rear windows in the past.As usual the funsters know how saved the day. :thumb: Thanks JohnM.

• Like Like x 3
  10. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

mine is stuck like s**t to a blanket on the front screen, tried to take of to move higher up and it started to crinkle so had to leave well alone

11. wander

wander Read Only Funster

Probably they are okay on a glass windscreen but maybe not so good on the vans plastic windows? I've just sent off an order for a couple so will be careful where I put them.

12. MercManW123

MercManW123 Read Only Funster

Good job that you good people don't belong to the Mercedes Owners Club - our stickers are absolute pants!

They are impossible to get off with anything other than white spirit and a paint scraper - they actually chip off in flakes. What's more, once affixed, they just fade from the MB logo into a big plain white spot within about 2 months - must be all the sun that we get!

If ever you go to a Classic Car event and check out the Mercs, you'll notice that most of us have these big white dots all over our windows. it looks like we're being attacked by the bloody Mysterons (old farts like me that remember Captain Scarlet will know what I mean!)
    :Cool:

13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Please leave them on the vehicles you sell on its good advertising:BigGrin: I'll always send you some new ones :thumb: