Fun in the Sun at Shepton

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Jim, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We have a full compliment of Funsters here, just waiting on Meakwooders. Glorious sunshine all day yesterday with promise of more all weekend. I have a burnt red head so I'll be needing my hat for the rest of this rally.

Have a lovely weekend wherever you are. We're going to:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  2. JJ

JJ Funster

I hope you all have a brilliant time.

It would be really, really great to see some photos of the festivities (as they are happening rather than after they have finished.) :Wink: :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

3. meakwooders

meakwooders Funster

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear that you have been waiting for us. I did put a message on the shepton mallet post on Tuesday. I really hope that it has not been too much of a pain. I am glad to hear that you are all having a good time, and wish we were there!

4. B-well

B-well Funster

fun and sunshine sounds great , wishing you all the best time, sorry cannot be with you all.

5. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Hi Jim - we got there.

What a cracking show, we have never seen so many motorhomes in one place. As far as the eye could see were motorhomes, new, second hand and some real cracking old ones and all with superb weather - we have a lot of sunburn.:Cool:
    We popped on to the Funsters site which was very welcoming and picked up the badges and stickers that now adorn our motorhome.
    We were also suprised by how many motorhomes display the funster decals in the motorhome parks - great spread.
    We, of course, got caught up in the moment and spent too much on everything we needed as newbies, ramps, steps, LED's, carpets, tee towel holders, etc etc etc.:Eek!:
    All in all a cracking day - we wished now we brought along our motorhome and joined in the 'off piste' fun, but we are off on hols this evening.

Thanks for the welcome!

Regards, Trikeman.:BigGrin:

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Have a great holiday Trikeman. Hope we see you at a rally soon:thumb:

7. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Visited bought some bits and disappered I did notice however the fun flag and stickers any clues where I can get them please

8. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Well I'm home now after a glorious couple of days.

Met up with a dozen or more funsters all enjoying themselves. Never met Pamelaaaaar before or her old fella, wotsisname - Breasy - Easy - Briony - Brisey yeah that's it.

Met wizzbang, capinpugwash, movan, the Hat, peper386 , billy&val a whole bunch of escapees from the principality Silk-cut etc one of which had a very good singing voice at 2 in the morning "Perri" I think it was.

Also met Fidget (Terry) Isle of Wight and Peter H again and Minx in their new van and Dave and Polly Toledo Spanish hillbillies and nanajan, lovely to finally meet you all.

We spent far too much on "Essential Gear" which will never see the light of Day.

I did buy an iBoost on Treacle's say so, hope it proves useful. Anyway got to change clothes and set of for Holland tonight so thank-you Pam & Brisey, Jim & Sian and everyone for making it such a lovely week end..... Griff
    :thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  9. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Crikey Popeye, you bought the iboost?

Just sold mine.

Pick up by 30th September - I took a 35p deposit.:thumb:

Have a great time in Holland.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Nice to meet some of the 'gang' here at Shepton and the bacon butties this morning with mushrooms were scrumptious ... nice cooking Jim and co! :Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Yep, another great show with y'all. :) Even the late night chorus. :) Brill bacon and mushroom baps too. Excellent weather, who could ask for more. Thanks to all concerned for a memorable weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

well ,had a great weekend with all the funsters .kathy would like to say a big thanks for for her birthday bash on sat .thanks also to our entertainment with stuart the bango player [cant spell the other name for his tool ]lol thanks to jim and sian and brisey for a great weekend .nice meeting new funsters,oh nearly forgot thanks to peter for letting me read his meercat story.absolute brill.:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Just got back home. What a great time we had. Big thanks to Brisey and Pamelaaar who did a grand job as rally marshals. :thumb: and also to all those that pitched in to help erect tents, chop musroooms, cut cake and serve bacon etc. Thanks to all those Funster that turned up with a smile, you were great:thumb: Looking forward to Lincoln:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  14. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You must know how Moses felt now.

Your next book.......

"My Tribe" by James "Moses" Brown.

Starting with how you led them out of The Dark Side.

So you've dragged us all over the shop for years where is this f***^^^g promised land ?

• Like Like x 3
  15. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

Well, can anything be added to what has already been said!

Another lovely time with the other Funsters, both those I knew beforehand and those I know now.:thumb:

Thanks so much Sian, Jim, Brian and Pamelaaaaar and also to the bacon butty brigade on Sunday.:thumb:

• Like Like x 6
  16. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Stuart, to that well known tune

So I say
    Thank you for the music, the songs we were singing
    Thanks for all the joy you were bringing
    Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
    What would life be?
    Without a song or a dance what are we?
    So I say thank you for the music
    For giving it to me.... And all those other Funsters Cheers mate:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  17. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , Jim & Sian, Brisey & Pam.
    Many thanks for warm welcome :thumb: also pleasant and relaxing w/end in such good company :thumb:, we really enjoyed our selves even though we didn't get to the evening get-togethers, the nice tea & cake afternoon sat, sun morn bacon butties were much appreciated.

It was nice to finally meet all those funsters who were there too many to mention , but thanks to Peter h for welsh cakes :thumb:( lovely) wife say's I've got to get the recipe sometime, also to you all for some welcome banter and chat especially popeye (griff and jackie happy travels take care on trip to holland).

Just thought I'd say hi to a couple of new members who joined while we were at Jim's stall , Geronimo11 Winston and Christine,:thumb: lovely couple ( friends of peterH I believe .

Once again thanks we were pleased we came along and were made so welcome !!!! Terry & Ann FIDGET:Cool:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Silkcut1105

ha ha thanks jim where was i 420 v............ oh well maybe another day.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Silkcut1105

hi all if your reading this thread can someone please tell joy who was at shepton that the song she was asking about ,is sung by colin raye and its called one boy one girl ...........as i dont know joys username:thumb

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Stuart, Joy's username is Movan:thumb: