Fulltimer video - earning a living on the road.

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Gromett, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Came across this by accident and thought it may be of interest to a few on here.

Quite a few interesting ones interspersed with normal ones... Worth watching all the way through if you are interested in Fulltiming but haven't got enough money to retire now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGxmSGf2Kr8"]Working Age Full Time RVers - How to earn an income while traveling - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Obviously not as interesting to anyone as I thought :Doh::Rofl1:

3. JJ

JJ Funster

I gave it a try Karl, honestly, but when it got to the couple telling us when their "Nomadaversary" was I decided it was too American... (even as a US passport owner) :Wink:

JJ:Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I just blundered through the Americanisms to be honest. There are a couple on there that are interesting.

The most important thing from my point of view is that quite a few said Just get on with it. Which is what I did. If you keep finding reasons "I will do it after this or that is sorted" you will never do it.
    Just launch.. :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

Hi Gromett

yeah watched it right the way through and apart from the Americanisms of it there were some good ideas on there.

I've gone and done it just gave up my work last year and gone fulltime - I have a bit of cash saved up but to earn beer money etc I buy and sell bric-a-brac and small antiques. I tend to go to small auctions and buy bits & pieces then find an antiques or collectors fair and make a bit of profit. It keeps me occupied (and out of the pub) and I get a good day out at the fairs etc.

As they said on the video just go and do it dont keep making excuses for not going fulltime

• Like Like x 5
  6. AmericanGranny

AmericanGranny Read Only Funster

My goodness! I just joined but maybe I shouldn't have. Americanisms? I'm American, but I didn't realize there were problems with that.

I'll be going my merry way then. It was nice exploring your forum;

7. Deckard

Deckard Read Only Funster

Well dont take to too personally, i doubt it was intended to offend, although it obviously did.

I too dont like the creep of Americanisms into our language - there really is no need to make up new words, just use the ones you've got and use your head.

The thing about Americans ( in general) and Brits (in general) is we're quite conservative (small c ) and Americans are much bolder, gregarious and more outgoing, often appearing brash and loud. This is infact just how you guys are, its not something we're deriding you about.

...but those bloody made up words.....grrrr....

I dont like your gun culture either - but we have to agree to disagree - c'est la vie, we cant all be alike. Doesnt mean we cant all get along my friend, pull up a pew, grab a cold one, lets talk :thumb:

8. G4OGE

G4OGE

Chill out

Hi it's just words you will see lots of comments like that we are not having a go we do it to ourselves or personal choice of what we like you must have things that you don't like around you it's your choice but no one will force anything on you it's like an American saying the British have a stiff upper lip
    or an Australian saying he is a limey so chill out and enjoy or we end up being politically correct and saying nothing in case we insult someone.:BigGrin:

9. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Don't go... We actually do like Americans over here (politicians excluded of course). If the video had been made in Britain by youngsters we would have no doubt had a comment about the kiddies wrecking our language innit....:Rofl1:

Stay, have fun and join in. Mock the English if you like, we are used to it. Just don't go near the Welsh or Scottish as they are a sensitive bunch :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. jennyp19

jennyp19 Read Only Funster

Looked to be an interesting watch, but did anyone else find it difficult to understand the people talking because of the loud music (not the Americanisms)

11. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

That was made in 2010 and they said they were doing the follow up.

Anybody found it ?

12. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

well said:thumb:

13. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

i see Gromitt is walking a tight rope here
    quit whilst your a head Gromitt

14. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

i hope you do not let one comment spoil a great experience as there are many threads and many members on here
    Dont throw the toys out of the pram too early

American or not your welcome

15. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

they have a web site with a forum

NuRVers

16. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deckard

Deckard Read Only Funster

OY! I am bloody Welsh!! :Angry::Eeek::shout::shout::shout::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gromett

Gromett Funster

See what I mean. Sensitive or what :Wink::Rofl1:

19. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Thanks Jim. I am currently downloading the video from youtube and transferring it to my playbook. I will take it to the pub and watch it over a few beers :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  20. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

:Sad:
    Well that's a shame and everyone has the right to an opinion, whether they wish to remain on OUR site, or take offence when none is ever intended :Doh:

I've served alongside the Americans, both the Army and Marines and they are generally a very different bunch to us. They have all but eliminated Banter within their forces, which is the backbone of the humour in ours and they remain very sensitive to such things. No one meant any offence at the word Americanisum, but odviously offence was taken.........sooooooo maybe we're better off without AmericanGranny, as if they were offended at that one little word, they may never have survived a full month of Banter, Fun, tongue in cheek slapstick comedy and all round good humour we use within the Forums :thumb:

Personally I love it, so bring it on and lets keep it all up, as its what makes us as special as we are :thumb:

Now get in ya Motorhome and drink ya milk god dam it, yeeeeee haaaaaaa :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 2