Fulltime Printing

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Shrimp64, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Shrimp64

Shrimp64 Funster

Has anyone here have any experience with the Canon Selphy printer, quite small & light, really only for photos, 4" X 6".
    I was thinking of one as away from family/friends for most of the time we could send pics of where we are, some older ones don't have computers, etc.

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Not familiar with that one in particular but you can't usually go wrong with Canon printers.

The usual advice applies - use decent quality paper and always, no matter what anyone says, use genuine ink.

3. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

We have one and use it exactly as you want to. Each pic is relatively expensive so it's only used for times when we need a quick print. Quality is super.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I have a Cannon compact inkjet in the loft, A4, but the real problem is the heads clogging because of little use and tiny cartridges make it expensive to run.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Rather than spending money on a printer, and expnesive ink, why not upload the pics to a photo printing website and get them sent direct to your friends
    Quick, easy, cheaper, and the photos may look better too?
    Plus you can get them printed any size you choose, not just 6x4

http://promo.snapfish.co.uk

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

The idea is OK if it's the just the odd one or two. I wouldn't use Snapfish though - their quality is at the bottom end of the scale (this is what I do for a living) The quality of print from the little Canon Selphy printers is equal to any of the cheaper online services.

The other thing you have to factor in is the p&p costs. If you're going to be sending a lot it doesn't take long before it gets more expensive than doing it yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I think most supermarkets have a machine you can print your photos from. I think they work out cheaper than doing it yourself unless you have a laser printer, and I wouldn't like to take mine in the Mh, it takes two people to lift it.

8. Adbt

Adbt Funster

Epsom WF 100 is your friend . Stunning piece of tech !

9. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

As above, if buying Canon only use genuine Canon cartridges, and if you want those cheaper buy them on eBay and not in shops. Cartridges can be costly.

Selphy cartridges with paper appear to go for about £22 each on eBay for 108 prints, so that's about 20p a print plus the cost of the printer. Upload and print online would be a lot cheaper option unless you were planning to produce large quantities.

10. maison

maison Funster

Yes. Mrs. Maison has used one for about three years.

The picture quality is superb but, as said above, they are quite pricey.

Mrs. Maison buys postcard card which is ruled on the reverse for address and a space to write. She then posts pictures she takes when away to friends and family, rather than buy commercial postcards showing scenes we may not have visited.

One word of warning. If you do buy a Selphy, go online and download the latest drivers. It makes printing much easier.

• Useful Useful x 1