full timing and ladies hair

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by jacken, Jan 14, 2008.

1. jacken

jacken Read Only Funster

Yes I know, of all the things to worry about in my planning it is my wife's hair. What do the ladies do when they are away in strange countries. How do they cope with the 'lingo' when they are in the chair? They are bad enough in the UK hairdressers that they know.

ken

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:RollEyes: We manage with a Basin and a pair of scissors. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. Digger Driver

Digger Driver Read Only Funster

Buy her a tube of Imac!
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. Henryhymer

Henryhymer Read Only Funster

Take a picture of what you want your hair to look like and show it to the hairdresser. Generally works and you end up with something vaguely like it. If it goes wrong it grows and you can try again next time!

5. 2escapees

2escapees Deleted User

Try learning a bit of the language or take dictionary!

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Same here, plus electric clippers :Wink:

7. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

I agree - or perhaps better write down exactly what you want before you go. I've found it works for me and for friends who have done this:thumb:. Mind you it always helps when I get home and He tells me I look wonderful!:Rofl1:

Di

8. theboadacea

theboadacea Read Only Funster

Well, took me a year to grow the colour out, spent a year traveling then as soon as I got back to home county, dyed it again.

I don't really care about style just as long as the roots are not completely out of control. It is long so just tends to hang rather than adopt a style.

Is a complete nightmare in the van shower though. We have a nice shower but tend to find that the hair gets everywhere and the pressure is not like a power shower so as it does not force it down the plug hole I have to clean (and I mean dehair) the shower whenever I have been anywhere near it. Don't know quite how I still have a full head of hair. It just does not seem possible.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

9. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Only got 2 weeks left over here in the states and Doreen has already booked her hair the 2nd day back.Tried the photo idea,that was a no go ,she had her hair done 4 times in 5 months and i went through hell for a week each time.I dont think they know any style other than short (perhaps they are used to cutting hair for the forces):Rofl1:
    Good luck ,i dont envy you one bit

10. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

LOL, sounds like an acquaintance who used to say "the only thing wrong with a bad haircut is two weeks".

11. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Ian, you should try taking the missus to a ladies' hair salon instead of a men's barber :BigGrin:

12. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Tom
    She always said i am a cheap skate,i thought it was funny when the hairdresser asked me if i wanted something for the weekend:Rofl1:

13. billym

billym Read Only Funster

I totally agree with the 2 escapees.

NEVER thought I would say that.