Jul 20, 2014
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic
Exp
6 months
Hi all,
Wife and I will be buying a motorhome in the next two months or so. We have been looking for the last six months or so. We intend to be in Europe except for short periods. We need an island bed or singles, accommodation for a couple of visitors, comfortable social area, max payload, possible automatic, LHD perhaps, 2/3 years old, pref about 8 m. We should want to install all the necessary add ons. AC for living quarters solar panels, leisure batteries, Gaslow system.
We have been looking at A class Burstners, Carthago, Hymer low profile, Dethleffs, Knaus.
May we please tap into this mine of information and ask for recommendations and advice
Madjaxy

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Madjaxy and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Some of the experts will be along soon to help with your enquiries! (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Motorhome Fun, if you do not get the answer to your questions on this thread I would start another one with the relevant question, and then it should get picked up, see you posted this yesterday welcome and good luck, sounds like a great adventure. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome and hope you find the information that you need. Have you looked on the full timing thread too ... there may be some help there re all your requirements. :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Madjaxy and welcome to the madhouse :welc:
I'm sure some of the Burnster and Hymer experts will be along shortly but if not, do as Carol suggested and post separate questions. Good luck (y)
John

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Welcome to the Fun (y)
You need to decide on your exact preferred layout, we have just imported a Rapido 10001 which is under 3 years old, and came with all the extras you mentioned.
If you are looking for left hand drive, have a look at this link it will give you a good idea what is available and price. The import process can take a bit of time, but there is plenty of advice available should you decide to go that way.
Link Removed

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Madjaxy - spend some money hiring a couple of times - doesnt matter that it won't be the van you are looking for
You will then have more idea what compromises you will/will not make - every van layout and model is a compromise.
Just keep looking in as many different vans as possible - it will be time and money well spent

hazedave

Free Member
Mar 20, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
Hi Madjaxy, we have been fulltimers for 8yrs now no regrets .We lv our Hymer Starline680 , for past 8yrs. We had solarpanels x2 fitted at Clitheroe , gas bottle fitted MTH at Lincolnshire show, .Fixed bed , dinnete comfortable , can stretch legs out watchin tv .Max payload,7.2mtres long, automatic, lefthand drive , full gas oven (not necessary in my opinion)microwave, . We still look at other motorhomes but always come back to ours. Left hand drive , automatic. Bought at Oak Tree Knotingham..Hope you get the one you want but we never get the 100% one.Haze&Dave .

OP
OP
Madjaxy

Madjaxy

Free Member
Jul 20, 2014
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic
Exp
6 months
Hi All
We bought our moho! Cathago Chic LHD, automatic, island bed, 7.5 mtr., couple of years old. I acclimatised by driving 3000miles in Scotland. We are now in France nr Dieppe looking for e bikes any advice please?
Madjaxy

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi All
We bought our moho! Cathago Chic LHD, automatic, island bed, 7.5 mtr., couple of years old. I acclimatised by driving 3000miles in Scotland. We are now in France nr Dieppe looking for e bikes any advice please?
Madjaxy
Pity you are in France We have 2 Synergy electric bikes which we have decided to sell as my balance is not great on a bike now.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I don't know where you're based but Travelworld in Telford is worth visiting - we bought our pre-owned Niesmann & Bischoff from them. Our MH was 1 year old with only a few miles on the clock. They have pre-owned MH's and a really good range of new vehicles to view.

OP
OP
Madjaxy

Madjaxy

Free Member
Jul 20, 2014
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic
Exp
6 months
Hi Anne
What a shame. We are going into Dieppe tomorrow to see a couple of bikes. I am still a little concerned about the weight, and charging the battery charging, any advice please.
Madjaxy

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Madjaxy,welcome to "Fun" my suggestion re e-bikes is head for Germany(Auchan) some big e-bike stores there.
Also look at the Bosch centre drive bikes(y) they are excellent bikes at good prices,you can also buy the Bosch 12v charger(active/performance batteries) so no problem charging on the move,or wilding without EHU.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Anne
What a shame. We are going into Dieppe tomorrow to see a couple of bikes. I am still a little concerned about the weight, and charging the battery charging, any advice please.
Madjaxy
We used to carry them on a towball bike carrier and the were well within the weight limit for the carrier but they now travel in this motorhomes garage. They fold as well so we managed to put them in the back of the car with the car seats folded. Good luck in your search:)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Any European van should be good, and A class will give you more feeling of space :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back