Full air suspension and levelling legs. Non Alko Fiat chassis (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive dropped my van off at SAP in Doncaster for a full air and hydraulic leveling kit fitting.

I couldn't find any non Alko Fiat installation photos available online and told Mick at SAP. He is going to take me some photos so that I can put them up here for all to see.

So if you have a Fiat without an Alko chassis and wondered what the kit looks like then please check back here later. Please dont spam the thread with information about other chassis as its the Fiat one that there is little information about. I aim to put that right shortly.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My install requires moving my gas tank and shortening my water tank so my pump can go behind the rear axle. Shame I hadn't decided on this kit before I had my gas tank fitted but its all being sorted by Mick and his team. I wanted to keep the inside of the van clear so I wanted the pump to be fitted underneath the van.
With the bank holiday weekend it means it will be Tuesday at the earliest before I get my van back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don't think a Bank Holiday will slow Mick down, nothing else does, never known anybody put in so many hours, give so much customer support, goes more than the extra mile so many times, truly a top company :)(y)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I don't think a Bank Holiday will slow Mick down, nothing else does, never known anybody put in so many hours, give so much customer support, goes more than the extra mile so many times, truly a top company :)(y)

Bet he uses the right length screws as well :whistle:

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I will be collecting my van tomorrow.
Its not a straight forward install and has involved altering the waste water tank, moving the gas tank and fabricating different rear mounts for the Jacks.
I will upload comprehensive photos once I have them.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Sorry I haven't had time to give you an update.

I have not had the photos from Mick yet as we have both been busy.
But I have had a 400 mile test drive with the air suspension fitted.
I have noticed a considerable reduction in road noise, bumps and rattling of parrot cage and all the other stuff I carry. The van handled well before but there is a noticeable improvement in body roll when winds hit the van and when coming out from overtaking tall vehicles. The van seems to keep its position in its lane better especially noticeable on a long drive when I am starting to get tired.
Another improvement is that the side loading door never slides shut or open when I park up.
The latest VB air kit has recently changed to a new generation and I am awaiting a software update for the interface between the leveling and suspension which should improve leveling jack deployment time.

I will add the photos once I get them.

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'd be interested in seeing photos of the installation if you get them, as like you said, very little info anywhere on full air and levelling installed on a PVC.

Presumably the compressor etc for the suspension is mounted under the chassis? Is there space for the levelling hydraulics to be underslung also? Options for mounting inside are limited and It would take valuable load space. Cheers.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive been really busy and Mick has had one man down so i havent asked him for the photos. But I will be at the Newark show in 2 weeks so anyone who wants a look is welcome. Ive just had a software update on the system as the new version of the interface between the EP and VB systems was a bit slow, its now spot on and the van levels at a lower height if it can, meaning its faster.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back