fuel tank size hymer b754

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by dazzaandjay, Mar 30, 2009.

1. dazzaandjay

dazzaandjay Read Only Funster

hi there
    sorry, silly question and one i might find the answer to in a manual somewhere, but, i was wondering if anyone knew the fuel tank size on a hymer b754 on the fiat ducato chassis.

i ask because the tank was about 1/4 full (maybe a bit less on the gauge), so, we went to fill up for the 1st time. 36 litres later it was full, the tank would take no more and the needle said it was full on the guage. I cannot believe that it only has a 45(ish) litre tank (as we dont quite know how much was in there before we filled up).

we have a v10 vw touareg that has 100+litre tank on a car, i would have thought similiar on such a big vehicle.

Anyone any ideas? I am wondering if there are two tanks with one filler and maybe some air lock/blockage.

Thanks in advance
    Darren

2. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Well assuming that Hymer do not change the tank fitted to the 2.8jtd chassis and it is the same as the Ducato van, then it should be an 80 litre tank. May be the fuel gauge is faulty.

3. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

Fuel gauges are notoriously inaccurate, their innaccuracy probably only surpassed by the gauges that tell us the levels in our water tanks.