FUEL PRICE RISE ON THE WAY

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CHRI$, Sep 29, 2016.

1. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

looks like fuel price rises are on the horizon,as OPEC has agreed to cut oil production for the first time in 8 years,so will we see £1.35 a LT again,i think so:(

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  2. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Never seen £2.35 in UK ;)

It's 78c here today :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

typo i meant to type 1.35 now edited(y)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bart

Bart Funster

Let's hope not :(

5. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

OPEC were only going to put up with low prices until they'd got rid of some competitors. Job done & they cut production to increase prices. Those that believed oil prices would stay low were deluding themselves. IMHO its time that we finally cut our reliance on fossil fuels & pull the rug from under the greedy Arab billionaire's clubs feet. We've got to make the move at some point & now looks promising.

In the meantime, just watch Ms Sturgeon jump back on the bandwagon for another referendum. With all the anti Scottish mis-reporting stirring up hatred between England & Scotland I wouldn't blame Scotland for biting the bullet to unloading England. I'm English & the behaviour of the press & quite a few forum members is embarrassing (as a broad selection of the public) I wouldn't blame the Scots for going this time. Now before you jump onto the anti Scottish bandwagon, be very careful that you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, Scotland contributes a lot of wealth to the UK economy & twisting the figures to show balance of payments (Daily Mail thinking) simply doesn't take things like oil or renewable energy into account!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Last time I was there, I think it was 15p in Brunei.

I still wouldn't want to live there though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Not even attempting to be anti Scottish but I take your point about renewable energy and oil and whisky (hic) but weigh that up against the free items the Scots get from their government that's paid for by the UK (note, the UK not just England) and the benefits then they're still on the plus side. Salmon and Sturgeon are anti English rather than English being anti Scottish.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Same will happen as happened last time it shot up. People just didnt drive unless necessary. And so, garages sold less, staff still had to be paid, supermarkets undercut prices greatly, consumption flopped, expensive super tankers were standing idle at around 1/2 a million a day, so the price fell. It's called the yo-yo effect. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. busby

busby Funster

Got me worried then,,BUSBY.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

Very well thought out reply & I applaud you for it.
    The Scottish people like most others in the civilised world have no say at all over the way their country is financed. They can cast a vote in the same way as anyone else but from then on, they have little or no say in events afterwards, so forum members firing abuse at the Scots for this situation is deeply unfair. It just appears to be the way they are treated on the whole. Its a shame really as most Scots that I know are deeply proud of being part of the UK.
    Your spot on about the fishy twins (Salmond & Sturgeon) are anti English & I know that most Scots here are embarrassed by their behaviour & rhetoric. My other half (a Scot) gets angry & have the humility to be embarrassed when these twerps stand up to let their bellies rumble.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Thank you and I appreciate your vernacular by using twerps. Aren't they pregnant goldfish?
    It's her that wants her name in lights especially as he's now a has been. She feels she has something to prove. It'd be better if she said Scotland is definitely and always will be part of the UK.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Well said. (y)(y)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. rangitira

rangitira Funster

All the more reason to start fracking!

• Like Like x 3
  14. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

the saudi,s must now think that they have killed off a lot of the Fracking wells in the USA , i hope they have not , the other issue will be that Daesh or Isis as they are called will be getting a big increase in their revenues.

If the SNP start waffling on about the oil again they will make themselves look an even bigger bunch of eegits , whats not being talked about is the rise of the unionists in Scottish politics

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Yup! I Brent crude went up 6% today and knowing how quickly rip off Brittan jumps on the band wagon, I predict a 10 pence increase within the next 10 days.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

it will make drilling for the stuff more via bill i see a job move on the horizon time to up date my certs i think
    bill

17. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

No matter how much the pump price rises there's only three things to consider doing....
    Pay the higher price
    Complain at every opportunity
    Stop driving.

Pick 2 from 3

None of which will make a blind bit of difference to the price.

• Like Like x 6
  18. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Supply and demand cycles have always been just that - cyclic. Reaction always lags behind action. Oil price might rise a bit but any increase will result in higher tight oil output from USA which will dampen the market

• Like Like x 2
  19. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I though the Saudi and OPEC only agreed to cut back 80000 barrels a day. not enough to make a difference to production of millions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tjay

tjay Funster

Saw £2.45 a litre many years ago in Stornaway !! Was very glad that I had filled up in Fort William and only required a small top up to get me back there safely !! back to Morrisons supermarket where if i remember correctly it was £1.58 a litre !!
    The islander's get ripped off for everything !!

• Like Like x 3