LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
arriving at dunkirk on a Sunday morning arround 11am, I could do with filling up with fuel, DFDS shows a Auchan hypermarket near the ferry terminal, does it have good access? I'll be traving in convoy with a tugger with a large caravan? or is there a better place? we will be heading towards Calais aong the A16 and onwards

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The Auchen at Dunkirk does indeed have good access. A large car park but nowhere near as big as Calaise Auchen. From what I remember, there is ample room to fill up a Motorhome at the fuel stop.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Don't forget that as it's a Sunday the supermarket will probably be shut (The Auchan in Calais is) so you will have to use the 24hr pumps with a credit card

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Don't forget that as it's a Sunday the supermarket will probably be shut (The Auchan in Calais is) so you will have to use the 24hr pumps with a credit card

Lunarman

forgot about that, that brings its own problems maybe I fill up befor I cross

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
arriving at dunkirk on a Sunday morning arround 11am, I could do with filling up with fuel, DFDS shows a Auchan hypermarket near the ferry terminal, does it have good access? I'll be traving in convoy with a tugger with a large caravan? or is there a better place? we will be heading towards Calais aong the A16 and onwards

If you want, I can give you the Lat Long of The Auchan in Calais. I dont have it to hand at the moment its in the MH.

Doug...

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966

Found this one the web page says its open Sunday 0600 to 2200 http://www.zagaz.com/station.php?id_s=7593

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
If you want, I can give you the Lat Long of The Auchan in Calais. I dont have it to hand at the moment its in the MH.

Doug...

ISTR its just down the road from the old tunnel digger machine? oppersite side off a16 to city euroupe ? is that the one

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

Doug...

Doug could I have them also, as I had updated my tomtom recently and loss all my favourites and recents :cry:, and hope to revisit later in the year

thanks Kath

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Doug could I have them also, as I had updated my tomtom recently and loss all my favourites and recents :cry:, and hope to revisit later in the year

thanks Kath

The tom tom lat long is N50'56.617 E001'48.580.

Your Tom tom might take you the shortest was which would be passing through a shopping street on the edge of the town, this is OK but I prefer to ignore the turning of the motorway and take the second which is a more convenient road.

Doug...

Jan 18, 2022
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 635
Exp
Since 2017
Intend to fill up and do the shopping at the Auchan at Dunkirk after leaving the tunnel and heading down to Luxembourg for an overnight stop. Is the car park safe at the Auchan to do a shopping fill up.?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Intend to fill up and do the shopping at the Auchan at Dunkirk after leaving the tunnel and heading down to Luxembourg for an overnight stop. Is the car park safe at the Auchan to do a shopping fill up.?
The original thread is from 2011 however, we travelled last November and found those around Dunkirk safe. There were some hangers around at the Carrefour Cite Europe so we went in one at a time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back