Frozen pipes.. and a bargain heater (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Last night the temp dipped to -4c , when I got up there was no water, only cold in the bathroom, the pipes in the basement locker that feed the hot water heater had frozen. .. :Sad:
This locker houses the sewage outlet and city water inlet, it's underneath the black and grey tanks..

Managed to defrost using a fan heater but decided on doing a permanent fix... so off to B & Q and found a great little 200w solid element, greenhouse heater with a frost stat for £11. so this afternoon was spend fitting it .. well pleased :Smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I was so impressed by the new locker heater ... I bought a second for the toilet and fitted today. :Smile:

DSC_5739.jpg

These are still on special offer at B&Q

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Wee Room Heater

Hi Jim

tut! tut! IEE16 forbids 240a/c in bathrooms except for Shaver sockets (transformer isolated)
serious loss of brownie points!!.

Yet ALL R-Vs have a 110V socket in the "wee room"!!! So does that make all Yanks well grounded?

On serious note I put an RCD socket in place of it, As Westcroft had left it connected!! to 240V a/c!!

pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

tut! tut! IEE16 forbids 240a/c in bathrooms except for Shaver sockets (transformer isolated)
serious loss of brownie points!!.

Yet ALL R-Vs have a 110V socket in the "wee room"!!! So does that make all Yanks well grounded?

On serious note I put an RCD socket in place of it, As Westcroft had left it connected!! to 240V a/c!!

pete

well spotted :roflmto::roflmto:

Technically correct, however in a toilet with no bath.. plastic basin and toilet, but if your stupid enough to put your head down the loo , flush with your hand on a hot heater.. think you deserve a shock ..:Eeek:

My 230v ring main is supplied from a 30ma RCD ..

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Alternative Death Penalty?

well spotted :roflmto::roflmto:

Technically correct, however in a toilet with no bath.. plastic basin and toilet, but if your stupid enough to put your head down the loo , flush with your hand on a hot heater.. think you deserve a shock ..:Eeek:

My 230v ring main is supplied from a 30ma RCD ..

:thumb:I like it, Know several people for whom this would be a most satisfactory "END".!!!!

Could start a List? 1) The whole cabinet? 2) Certain African Dictators 3) Jehova`s witnesses (especially when I am in the Shower!!!) ------------------------------------?

Pete

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Technically correct, however in a toilet with no bath.. plastic basin and toilet, but if your stupid enough to put your head down the loo , flush with your hand on a hot heater.. think you deserve a shock .

Ahhhh Jim but protecting those one or two potential people are why the rest of us have to be restricted in what we are allowed to do :Angry::Angry:

Nice idea with the heater by the way

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back