deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
Just got back from three nights in the van, just really to see what its like in the cold and check every thing out.All went well i did notice that the heating and the water took a lot longer to heat up, hardly surprissing with the temp at minus 11 when it did heat up we were snug as bug in a rug. However i did a very silly thing on the second night, i thought i would move the van over a bit so i disconected every thing and closed the waste,:Doh: yes you guessed it i forgot to open the waste into the waste hog so the pipe from the holding tank outlet was froze sollid wont do that again all sorted now just a thought do you put a little anti freeze in the holding tank or not.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
heated tanks are a god send
ours are internal in the double floor cavity heated by the passing alde radiators the only thing is we have to bottle water from the nature pure filter and put it in the fridge as the cold water isn't cold enough to drink straight from the tap although it saves a little gas boiling the kettle as its not that cold.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
putting antifreeze into the grey tank would mean it eventually ending up in our water system, neither legal nor a good idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi
Burstner suggest adding salt, via the sink and bathroom drain, as an anti-freeze in our instruction manual. I guess that would work and not be environmentally damaging. I haven't tried it though, so have no idea if it would work, or how much to add.
Karen

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Not quite on the subject but the quickest way to heat your van up is to start of useing the gas and then revert back to electric once the van is warm.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi
Burstner suggest adding salt, via the sink and bathroom drain, as an anti-freeze in our instruction manual. I guess that would work and not be environmentally damaging. I haven't tried it though, so have no idea if it would work, or how much to add.
Karen
even salt water will freeze if it is coal enough and is harder to thaw out lag your wast tank and heat it if you are growing to use in winter
Watt you can do is box it off and divert sum of the heat from your blown air heating i done it and havent frozen up yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back