Frost :( (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Can I still be classed as a beginner after nearly 8 weeks? I'm panicking like mad as we had a frost here last night, this morning the car was frozen over. We haven't drained the motorhome down. I presume the heater will have dumped its water, but do you think a mild-ish frost will have harmed the pipes/taps? You really shouldn't have to think about frost at the end of April in the middle of England (well just above middle).

I'm at a loss to know what to do regarding water. If I don't put much in we keep running out, last time I filled it showed 75% and that takes some getting rid of, other than running it all through the taps and then having to keep emptying the grey waste. And then, where can you empty a full grey tank if you're not on a site with a drive over point. Our grey waste pipe is almost an arms length under the motorhome and I have to lie down to stick a bucket under it and then struggle to get it out. I have fitted a "pond pipe" extension but it will not empty into a bucket because the end of the pipe is then higher than the waste pipe on the tank. What does everyone else do?

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Thanks @Diggerdi think I follow that (y), couple of photo's would be great but only if it's no effort. Have great time, where you off to this week? We're off Tuesday for 8 days around the west coast of Scotland, with a pub stop over in Pooley Bridge on the way up.:drinks:

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Has your tank not got a drain plug? To access ours first we lift the carpet, then we lift the hatch in the floor, then we lift the next hatch in the floor, then, we unscrew the inspection lid on the tank, and, then, we put a hand in and pull out the rubber plug!

Easy access then! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have the perfect tool for that, press a switch on the dash and the waste dumps.:ROFLMAO:
oops wrong switch "sorry"

Just out of interest Lenny is that switch only operational when the ignition is off or handbrake on, or can it we deployed in full motorway mode:LOL:

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
oops wrong switch "sorry"

Just out of interest Lenny is that switch only operational when the ignition is off or handbrake on, or can it we deployed in full motorway mode:LOL:

Martin
Can be deployed in any mode have to have ignition on to for my service cam to work as I wired all the cameras power via ACC.
Just tried it with hankbrake off & igntion on still works.
I'll have to blame you just dumped my waste on brother in laws lawn.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can be deployed in any mode have to have ignition on to for my service cam to work as I wired all the cameras power via ACC.
Just tried it with hankbrake off & igntion on still works.
I'll have to blame you just dumped my waste on brother in laws lawn.:ROFLMAO:
Update:
Valve closes with engine running so no dribling.:cry:
Must have a relay controlled by the ,D+ terminal, there is a Schaudt relay box under the passenger seat that controls all sorts of things via the D+ terminal.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back