Frost Warning

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by hilldweller, May 9, 2009.

1. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

First shower this year - drip,drip,drip. Sound of a little water behind the plastic shell.

I had noticed that the pipe to the shower headr had popped off the tap body by a good few mm and just pushed it back without thinking. Now combined with drip,drip I reasoned that although I'd drained down the water the shower head forms a loop that will not drain unless the head is put on the floor.

You have been warned.

No all bad news - the shower cubical came apart very easily and I was able to remove the mixer tap and find where a joint had sprung and re-seal it.

Thinking about it a bit more, even with the head on the floor the water could be lodged in the mixer body - maybe a blow job is needed as well.

2. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

When our truckcamper was at risk or freezing I turned off the pump, opened all the taps and as I could not drain the water heater i put the "hot -rod" on for a few hours. Since the warmer weather, I have found some more drain points!!!
    No problems that I know of!! We had a 15ltr container of water in the shower tray and it froze solid. We also had some small bottles of spring water in the T C and they were unfrozen!! (do they put antifreeze in spring water???? !!!!)
    Nigel

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

:Eeek::rain: