front leg mounts

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mickmyatt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. mickmyatt

mickmyatt Read Only Funster

hi i have a 02 ducato and the front offside bearing on the suspension strut has failed ! anyone know how to get to the top bolts ? is it a dash out job ?:Sad:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the lower panel of the dash is removable to access the strut top bolts/nuts....not a difficult job.

there are a few fixings (captive 'nuts' and self tappers) around the top to bottom panel joint and another one or two down the inner and outer edge of the lower panel.

just a case of finding them and pulling gently to see if there are any missed ones

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Now that info is worth a tenner of anybodies money, you nee to Subscribe to properly join the Funsters:thumb:

Welcome

Peter

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

as you havent subscribed you cant reply but if the symptoms are clunking and the spring is twanging when turning the steering from lock to lock it will be a dry spring seat pad......nothing to be too alarmed about until next MOT.

you could try reaching up under the wing (wheel off for ease of access) and spraying the spring top seat with WD40 or spray grease.....it may work for a while.

5. duane0001

duane0001 Read Only Funster

I have the twangy spring noise on my fiat panda when I steered, I just grabbed the spring and twisted it round by hand until it seated, its been about 6 months since I did it and no noise