mickmyatt

Free Member
Feb 19, 2013
staffs
Funster No
MH
camper
Exp
hi i have a 02 ducato and the front offside bearing on the suspension strut has failed ! anyone know how to get to the top bolts ? is it a dash out job ?:Sad:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the lower panel of the dash is removable to access the strut top bolts/nuts....not a difficult job.

there are a few fixings (captive 'nuts' and self tappers) around the top to bottom panel joint and another one or two down the inner and outer edge of the lower panel.

just a case of finding them and pulling gently to see if there are any missed ones

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Now that info is worth a tenner of anybodies money, you nee to Link Removed to properly join the Funsters:thumb:

Welcome

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as you havent subscribed you cant reply but if the symptoms are clunking and the spring is twanging when turning the steering from lock to lock it will be a dry spring seat pad......nothing to be too alarmed about until next MOT.

you could try reaching up under the wing (wheel off for ease of access) and spraying the spring top seat with WD40 or spray grease.....it may work for a while.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I have the twangy spring noise on my fiat panda when I steered, I just grabbed the spring and twisted it round by hand until it seated, its been about 6 months since I did it and no noise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back