From RV to Ice Cream Van

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Our first proper weekend away and I thought I might keep a record in this thread over the next few weeks about how we cope with a massive downsize from 11m to 5.98m. In no particular order this trip, we find

Packing to go, the fridge is about a third of what we are used to:Eek!:, 3 shelves and a freezer big enough for at least 6 fish fingers. :Sad:

Young Katy was disapointed that we were still too high to make it through the McDonalds drive thru:BigGrin:

It was nice not having to consult our home-made map of fuel stations that we can get in and out of. Not that we needed to fill up because we did that last weekend and this trip is only a round trip of 420 miles.:Smile:

Parking on my mums drive is just so handy, we've missed being able to do that.

Laugh, its late, after a few beers, came back into the van, the drop down bed is easy, (and very comfy) but we have a double duvet that needs a cover putting on it that job took up the whole van and took an hour :Rofl1:

Bedtime stuff like getting undressed and using the bathroom had us giggling. It was like we were in a human number puzzle.
    [​IMG]
    You move there, I'll go here then Katie can get to the bathroom:Rofl1: We've been here many times before, but you get used to 12ft wide RVs where you can all pass each other in the night.

Big shock this morning:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: The biggest problem yet. We got so used to having a walk round bed with a bedside table each, but here we were with cup of tea in bed, and nowhere to put it between sips. :BigGrin:

That's all I have time for, more later:thumb:

2. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

JIM!!:Eeek::Eeek:

You've got to remember to downsize everything...

Only one cup of tea (not two) between you. That way you:

• Save cupboard space and payload
    and

• No need for bedside tables to rest the cup on as between your sips Sian is holding the cup whilst she takes her sip and vice versa :thumb:

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bryan

(I'll just pop to the other end of our RV so I can tell Suzy what you've posted - I may be a while :Rofl1::Wink:)

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Jim, Sian & Katie,
    Welcome to the the world of Eurovans once more.
    It's all good Fun.

Brisey

4. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Just make sure the bank is big enough for all the money you will be saving on fuel.:Rofl1:

5. artona

artona

you are such amateurs Jim. Imagine going form an RV to a van conversion, now thats true professional downsizing :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

6. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

:BigGrin: You will soon get the hang of it Jim.............................At any one time only one person stands up, :Wink: everyone else sits and No Problem !...................................... Thats until you get a big dog in there with you.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Driving an Ice Cream Van. :Eek!::BigGrin: It must make things a lot easier not having to carry the money belt with you. :BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

5.85 metres - Pah!! That's a whole 0.48 metres longer than a proper van :BigGrin:

Jill's got the solution to a cup of tea in bed. I get up and sort myself out while she has a lie in as she pleases :Laughing:

8. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

Blimey, we must be related somehow:Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

9. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

From rv

great story jim:Laughing: hope ice cream sales remain bouyant:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:Wink:

10. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Hi Jim, it is a comprimise but at least you can get away, without taking a small bank loan with you:Rofl1:

there are such things as fold down cup holders, I have one next to my bed, you only need a small piece of wall to put it on.

I love my cup of tea in bed in the morning, and that is one thing I wont go without.

Happy travelling.

Pat

11. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

He knows, there are 18 in his RV, 9 down each side for refreshments when walking down the van:thumb:

12. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

That's where a U shaped lounge comes in handy, single beds, space for your cuppa and either of you can get up when you want!:Laughing:

13. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

14. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

Hi Jim,

I take it this down sizing is for occasional, two weeks holiday and occasional week end away occupancy?

If not and you are 24/7 full timing I'm looking forward to reading this thread in a few months :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Mick

15. sedge

sedge Funster

Oh the luxury of a bed you can sit up in. How the other half live! :cry:

Finding somewhere to place the cuppa is the least of my worries first thing. That ladder is ruddy cold and hurts my delicate tootsies but am always so desperate for the loo there's no choice! :Blush:

16. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: Sedge is on the right track :Rofl1: If you downsized correctly you would not be far from a work top / surface to stick your tea cup on :thumb:Wait until Sian needs the loo in the middle of the night then the fun will start :Rofl1:Told you to do a self build or think carefully about the layout :thumb::Rofl1: You have now made the classic mistake of not getting the LAYOUT that would suit your needs better :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: Only small niggles :Doh::Wink::BigGrin:
    Have you thought about changing yet :Rofl1:
    terry

17. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Tea in Bed.

I can reach an overhead locker from where I am in bed-so I put both mugs of tea in there and then pass Carolyn hers on demand!!
    You soon get used to only one person being able to be 'on the move' at a time :Rofl1:

Have Fun, Mike.

18. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

How would I cope with a St Bernard in an ice cream van

I was just wondering what Ezzie would make of an ice cream van... She has her own double bed!:RollEyes:

Bob:thumb:

19. lorger

lorger Funster

Bedtime stuff like getting undressed and using the bathroom had us giggling.

I bet its not the first time Sian has giggled when you got undressed:Rofl1::Rofl1:

20. aba

aba

i got 4 of those seatbelt pads and put them on the rungs on my ladder so i now have a padded ladder.