LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Has anyone had any experience of this system? I currently have a standard foam mattress on a slatted base with a memory foam topper, but still seem to have snags getting comfortable and hips kill in the morning. Thinking what else I can do to get a better nights sleep. Loosing a brace of Kgs will help I know, but ultimate comfort is the aim.
I will be at the show this weekend and I'm sure I've seen them there before, but would love input first

Yours Aye

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
We like it. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about it. You can mix n match the pockets to give slightly firmer support in certain areas if required

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
We like it. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about it. You can mix n match the pockets to give slightly firmer support in certain areas if required
I searched for froli but nothing came up. Was it in another thread title do you know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp

:rolleyes:. Knew they must have been in there somewhere..Many thanks.. The power of the Funsters..(y):D

Did you remove the slats and lay on the base or use the base converter?

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
:rolleyes:. Knew they must have been in there somewhere..Many thanks.. The power of the Funsters..(y):D

Did you remove the slats and lay on the base or use the base converter?

I removed the slats. It was actually 2 sets of slats side by side, I was able to re-use one set on the kid's top bunk, make that more comfortable (bottom bunk already had slats).

Don't forget that the Froli may make your mattress sit higher than the slats did. It does on mine, as it's on the overcab bed it does mean you can see the Froli system very slightly at the edge, not that it bothers me.

Froli is expensive, I hit lucky with 1 set that came from an Irish dealer having a clear out. For the other set I found German Ebay was the cheapest source - only took 2 days to arrive as well!

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi feltwell from where did you order your system from !

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Hi feltwell from where did you order your system from !

It was a while ago, but I ordered from Ebay.de

Search for "Froli Star" or "Froli Bettsystem"

Have a shop around though, I ordered a long time before Brexit messed the exchange rate up.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Froli were at the NEC last year (maybe there this year I don't know?) so went to partake in a lay-down exercise to see if it was worth investing in.

I was convinced that it was something we should have; however, after partaking in a snooze we decided it was not for us so instead we invested in new memory foam mattresses.

I'd strongly advise partaking in a test before you commit.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I was lucky enough to buy second-hand from ebay, but would gladly pay full price for the comfort they give.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
I'm in two minds what to do now after investing 2 grand in a tempur bed which kills my back ,m/home got memory foam matteress not much better don't really want to waste more money :cry::cry: but I need to do something

Trevor Pettifer

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Arto 83
Exp
3 months
We've got the Froli system and memory foam mattress. It's quite firm but comfortable and supportive.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
On our last caravan we just ordered a memory foam mattress, supplied the exact dimensions and it was brilliant and much better than having topper on.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our new motorhome came with the froli system as standard on both the twin singles beds at the back and the drop down cab bed. The ones on the single bed are fitted onto sprung slats. We find the single beds very comfortable but have not used drop down bed yet so can't comment on that.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I just finished installing my new Froli system last night to the drop down bed with slatted base. I ordered mine from German eBay and arrived in a couple of days too...
The old mattress, even with a memory foam topper, was rock hard & made me wake up with numb arms and legs (I always sleep on my side, for some reason).
A "test snooze" went well and I am looking forward to a proper tryout in a couple of weeks time when we are away on holiday...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back