friendly campers??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by smiffy502000, Nov 5, 2012.

1. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

hi all,it always makes me smile when we drive our van and we get all those nice friendly waves and light flashes from fellow motorhomers,..untill you arrive on site and find a good many of them cant even be bothered to say hello when you pitch up next to them....its like your invadeing there space.i love a chat and a laugh,but it seems to me there are some miserable buggers about,...any comments?:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 9
  2. scousebird

scousebird Funster

If you ever park next to us my husband can talk the hind leg off a donkey given the chance :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I can be a bit miserable at times but I always say hello and good morning etc. A desire to be big buddies is a bit rarer:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

We just say there still in London mode, and have not switched to holiday mode yet.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I find that when thy wave I wave however when I wave they don't.Might be something to do with my co-pilot,she scares the shit out of me,so god knows what oncoming traffic thinks!

• Like Like x 11
  6. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

i think iv seen her......

• Like Like x 1
  7. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

waving ? yes or no

:cry:I have heard and seen so many views and points on this..:Rofl1: just as i think Hymers only wave to hymers. one waves. have been told type waves to type :Wink::thumb: van conversion to like and so on. forget our avitar. i cant seem to change photo,, so as we have a 27 year old renault traffic with Machzone body and have never seen another one. so hope people take pity and wave to us poor old sods:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. aba

aba

there are some on here that wave at white van man and horse boxes.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

i would say i wave at 90% that come the other way and i reckon that 90% wave back.

i have been known to wave at motorhomes whilst out and about in the smart but that just tends to get strange looks back.:Doh:

i dont tent to wave at motorhomes coming the other direction on motorways though as i dont think its too safe to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  9. lorger

lorger Funster

If im staying on a site and say good morning or hi to someone and they ignore me i then go out my way to say hi or wave at them every time i see them on site normally after a couple of hello's you get a response can be fun sometimes with the ones that hold out for days :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 9
  10. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

my grand son jay putt's up the v sign and shuts cool camper man Werther its a big RV hymer or old as the hills but must agree their are sum miserable grumpy old git's out there and lot's of snobs but not in MF when we weir in Belgium last week we had a Ball with the motor homers not from motor home fun but think thay wear looking to singe up i lost two days but her indoors wasn't to happy :hardhat::Eeek:

11. JJ

JJ Funster

Off site motorhomers always chat to each other... :Wink:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:)Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:)

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Oh dear Teepee

We will fall out !!!

London mode indeed

When I worked in central london we used to have a singalong in our carriage on the way to work and people used to say hello.

We are one of the friendliest sets of motorhomers you will find and from London

I am sure we could both name counties where people come from that are not as friendly or as helpful as we are.

Our motto is If you dont say hello or good morning first then dont expect a reply and smile at every miserable bugger you see. It may take some time for it to register with them but the next time they see you they might just smile back

• Like Like x 3
  13. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

Hello Ourcampersbeentrashed.I don't think we'll fall out, as we are friendly. London being a big city is full of people amid the rat race chasing around, lots of things on their minds not many do say good morning.i found very early in the morning people more friendlier.
    Years ago London was a friendlier place but I think pace of life has altered that. Communities have changed, so anyway it's just something we say no ill intent mean't to anyone. Some people are happy some are not no matter where you are in the world.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ukbill

ukbill Funster

oi im originally from east london (bethnal green) and as people say salt of the earth or at least we was i say hello and greet as many people as possible i only moved out 18 years ago so im still always in london mode when i say hello to anyone and they don't reply then sod em its their loss

• Like Like x 2
  15. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

Couldn't agree more, as long as we're happy, we just try to pass it on.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I allways talk to my fellow campers, i shout "sod off" and "dont walk accross my pitch":Rofl1:

GRUMPY...:Blush:

• Like Like x 5
  17. buttons

buttons Funster

I will say good morning and pass the time of day, as I would to other dog walkers, flashing your lights is a similar gesture. However, motorhome owners are as varied as any other walk of life so you will not have much in common with many of them.
    Rallies tend to be groups of like minded people so perhaps this would be a good way to go.
    They eat together sleep together:Blush: and sometimes travel together.:Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  18. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

friendly campers

out shopping the other day in our pugeot 308 car,a motorhome came down the road towards us,as we passed each other,my wife said....what a misery he never waved!!!........daft mare!:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

[HI]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  20. ojibway

ojibway Funster

When we first started motorhoming in 2006 we noticed most fellow motorhomers waved, in France too.:Smile:
    But now there are so many more on the road it's hard to keep up and some are just dealers running a van from one place to another.:Wink:

On campsites it's different. Same cross section as anywhere else.:RollEyes:

On aires there is a lot of cameraderie but you often have to make the effort especially with the French. Once you've crossed that line wariness changes to friendliness:Wink:
    In Honfleur we were even invited for aperitifs in their van by an elderly French couple!:Eek!:
    M&A:Cool::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2