nick21

Free Member
May 8, 2011
sheffield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
its a good 15 years siince i last owned a m/h , an old shaped bedford autosleeper that i travelled greece,italy, elba ,sardinia,sicily etc in and i put up with a warm fridge on 30 to 40 degree days a year or so before i sought a solution......
Basically , i mounted a small fan blowing air upwards directly onto the cooling fins at the back of the fridge .... ice clold thereafter...

I notice modern vents are much bigger to assist with airflow / cooling but is it enough to do the job in high temperatures ?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Never had need to myself, but have seen computer cooling fans fitted inside the top vent to pull air through the back of the units, seems to work.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
its a good 15 years siince i last owned a m/h , an old shaped bedford autosleeper that i travelled greece,italy, elba ,sardinia,sicily etc in and i put up with a warm fridge on 30 to 40 degree days a year or so before i sought a solution......
Basically , i mounted a small fan blowing air upwards directly onto the cooling fins at the back of the fridge .... ice clold thereafter...

I notice modern vents are much bigger to assist with airflow / cooling but is it enough to do the job in high temperatures ?

Gas evaporation fridges has a big limiting factor and that is that they are limited to to the maximum number of degrees that they can drop the temperature to I.E. I estimate it to be about 18'c. So if its 20'c outside your fridge will take the temperature down to 2'c given enough time. but if the outside temp is 38'c the best you will get is 20'c, not very good.

Cooling fan/s to speed up the air flow around the fridges cooling fins are a help and in a hot climate worth having, but even so if your in a hot weather situation you fridge is going to struggle.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back