Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
holbeach
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
1 1/2 years
hi i have a elddis autoquest 100 2007 and the fridge wont work on leisure battery it works on gas and when the engine is running as anyone else had this problem if so please tell me how to fix it

koffee

Free Member
Mar 22, 2008
Funster No
Design feature?

The fridge in our M'home is the same. The book that came with it says it either runs on GAS or MAINS electric - It draws too much power to run off the battery for long.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
running the fridge on the leisure battery would leave you with a flat battery in no time at all. So it is wired so that it will run off the engine battery ONLY when the engine is running. In this mode it maintains the current temperature, so if you start out on a long run don't expect the fridge to get colder by the end of the run, on the other hand if you cooled it on mains or gas first it will keep that temp whilst motoring. I hope that answers your query.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
The fridge temperature can be adjusted whilst on Gas or Mains Hookup , but the temperature has a defaut setting whilst on 12v in transit so cannot be adjusted the fridge will NOT run on the leisure battery whilst stationary.

OP
OP
shardav

shardav

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
holbeach
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
1 1/2 years