fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by shardav, Jul 23, 2009.

1. shardav

shardav Read Only Funster

hi i have a elddis autoquest 100 2007 and the fridge wont work on leisure battery it works on gas and when the engine is running as anyone else had this problem if so please tell me how to fix it

2. koffee

koffee Read Only Funster

Design feature?

The fridge in our M'home is the same. The book that came with it says it either runs on GAS or MAINS electric - It draws too much power to run off the battery for long.

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

running the fridge on the leisure battery would leave you with a flat battery in no time at all. So it is wired so that it will run off the engine battery ONLY when the engine is running. In this mode it maintains the current temperature, so if you start out on a long run don't expect the fridge to get colder by the end of the run, on the other hand if you cooled it on mains or gas first it will keep that temp whilst motoring. I hope that answers your query.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

will only run on 12v battery if its a compressor fridge and it aint a compressor cos it runs on gas.

5. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover Read Only Funster

The fridge temperature can be adjusted whilst on Gas or Mains Hookup , but the temperature has a defaut setting whilst on 12v in transit so cannot be adjusted the fridge will NOT run on the leisure battery whilst stationary.

6. shardav

shardav Read Only Funster

thankyou for you posts