Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi I am planning to put a fan behind the fridge vent and having had a look at it just wanted to confirm how it comes off before I apply brute force and break it.
The 'pins' on the left have something to do with it but do you push,pull, lever, squeeze???
cheers
Nik Fridge Vent.jpg

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
If you look at the bottom of the clip I think you will see that they clip onto a small protruding pin, so the clips should slide up just by pushing them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
On the left are two white plastic screws. A quarter of a turn unlocks them. Then pull out the vent from the screw side finally it will click off on the right hand side. I must admit they always un-nerve me at this point as they cost around £20 each to replace.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
On the left are two white plastic screws. A quarter of a turn unlocks them. Then pull out the vent from the screw side finally it will click off on the right hand side. I must admit they always un-nerve me at this point as they cost around £20 each to replace.
.No They dont thats the old vents. Yours the covers over the plastic pins slide up.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I used both thumbs to push up each pin in turn ,they are very stiff but feel sturdy when moved. I was a little apprehensive at first but after moving the first one up, the second was a doddle. Once both are in the up position the whole cover can the be slid out to the left after pulling it out slightly from the pin side. It is held in place with 2 stickouts , male on the covers and slots in the frame, so be careful how far you pull the vent away from the closed position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Brilliant thanks all.
I thought that they pushed up....but you never know!
Now to buy and fit a fan.
Cheers
Nik

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I may be wrong as I did not enlarge your picture. Jezport and others are correct. Please accept my apologies and hope I am not too late.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back