Fridge Vent Fans Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks Andy. Do these work even if you are using the fridge on gas? We spend most of the time off grid
It operates on auto temperature sensing or manual on/off so the heat source of your fridge is not relevant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Before deciding whether you need fridge fans or not, first ask yourself a few questions.
1) Where will I be travelling to. If Bridlington, Skegness or Anglesea chances are you will not require fridge fans or for that matter even a fridge. Throw the fridge out and use the space for a woodburner.
2) If on the other hand you are a little more adventurous with your travels and go to southern Spain or heaven forbid North Africa then your fridge will struggle to keep the Boddingtons cold without a fan when tempretures get up around 30c.
3) Depending on the mentality of your motorhome manufacturer and whether he has given any thought to what his product is going to be used for and where he has put the fridge, like on which side of the van, ie, if its on the same side as the habitation door, which we all like to keep on the sunny side of the street, the fridge will struggle to keep cool in full sun.
4) I have even seen fridge vents obscured by the habitation door when open.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Well, the 3 way switch on the control panel now refuses to operate in the Auto position now! ....and we haven't been away in the van since I bought the kit.
Hopefully my replacement kit will come before we leave for France in a couple of days

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Probably the temperature set point is too high to bring it on

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
I didn't get to send my Brunner fans back because we went away after fitting the new, different name replacements. I chucked the old ones.
But, I needed new fridge fans for our latest van, with temperatures well into the 30's most of the time here, I ordered another Brunno kit from Amazon.
I fitted them last week and they seem to be working fine. I'll keep an eye on them and report on how well ( or not) they work.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Well, quick update on the Brunner Vento fans, seems these are just as bad as the first set. Noisy as hell when they start up on auto, so they are going back and I just had a CBE fan kit delivered. Hopefully these will be fine.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Mine failed due to a jet wash I think but you could hear them at night even though I mounted them on rubber bushes. So got some new PC fans of the same size and fitted them. Total difference in noise...none and they are in the Brunner frame. The new fans were E20 so 2/3rd the cost of the whole Brunner assembly. I think you get what you pay for. So I have also sorted the controller which means I now have a super quiet working fridge fan system. I will be interested in your CBE comparison

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.