Fridge repairs in Spain near Amposta (1 Viewer)

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Does anyone know of a place where we could get our fridge looked at in this part of Spain. We plan to travel down towards Alicante. It is a Dometic tec tower and is not working on gas or EHU . Thanks

Phil65

Free Member
Oct 13, 2012
Newark, Notts
Funster No
MH
Coach built, low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
There's Hispavan and Chapivan but they are both down at Almeria they both advertise that they repair Dometic.
Good luck.
I'm back home in UK and my Dometic fridge /freezer is not working on gas or electric, took it today for repair to be told that the heat transferor is not working and can't get the part, I was advised to get a new fridge at a cost of £2140.00 including fitting and vat

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Don't know if this will be any use, but you're in an area which is very popular for Brits overwintering. There are a number of big storage facilities for caravans, and I expect many folk turn up to get their van and find things aren't working.
So I would ask at some of these storage facilities, if they can't do it themselves they could probably point you in the right direction.
Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Hope we do not need a new fridge as it will mean a whole new tower including the oven. The lady on reception at the ACSI site does not speak any English so communication is difficult. We only left France yesterday, fridge working and we have enough French to be understood. C'est la vie!!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err, try 'Refrigerador no funcione, Senor!' (fun-thi-oh-nay) '- electric(th)idad, o bu(boo)tano'

Don't understand is 'No entiendo'

A friend with a house in Spain had great difficulty explaining his problem flushing his loo in the hardware shop in El Alquian. His dad said 'Let me try tomorrow, Geoffrey' at which G thought Ha! - this'll be a laugh! so tomorrow he took his dad - who by this time had taken the ballcock etc out of the cistern and taken it with him, so they went into the shop, and Horace slapped the thing down on the counter, saying 'Es kaput, Senor!' Aaah! said the bloke, had a rummage about, and mended it ........ cost em about 100ptas at the time!

billy&val

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
swansea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 years
hi sorry to here about your fridge always happens when your far from home if your going as far as benidorm there are a couple of mobile motorhome and caravan repairers that could sort you out phone numbers in every campsite hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Seems like the ignitor has packed up on ours i can light it through the lower vent were back saturday so will look further then

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back