Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Hi
Our fridge in our 2004 Motorhome is not working on Gas.
Dometic 7655L
Fridge/Freezer works on 12volts and Elec.
Freezer works on Gas but the Fridge wont.
We had it serviced in May and since then we have a problem.
We took it to a dealer and he replace a solenoid but it still wont work when we got it home.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, Roger sounds spot on,you will have to remove the f/f lay it down for a bit then stand back up and re-fit :thumb:
terry
edit just noticed you had it serviced in may-take it back to them and let them have the hassel,it should cost nothing so don't be conned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I don't quite understand if the fridge works on mains and 12volt it surely means that the refridgerant is circulating so theoretically it should work on gas :Confused::Confused:

It's just the heat source that is changing check the flame is not too low or too fierce if you can get to the back of the fridge from outside perhaps a little bit of rust has dropped down onto the gas jet, worth a look I'd say.:thumb:

Best of luck.

Regards Pat

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
I don't quite understand if the fridge works on mains and 12volt it surely means that the refridgerant is circulating so theoretically it should work on gas :Confused::Confused:

It's just the heat source that is changing check the flame is not too low or too fierce if you can get to the back of the fridge from outside perhaps a little bit of rust has dropped down onto the gas jet, worth a look I'd say.:thumb:

Best of luck.

Regards Pat

Happened to me on my last M/home, cleaned the jet and WHEEEEEEEEEEEE off it went. I also had a fridge stop working, phoned a local chap and he advised taking the fridge out , turning it upside down and leaving overnight. Did that and WHEEEEEEEEEEE that one worked too :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
just a thought, the fridge is level isn't it?
Motorhome not parked on a steep slope?

OP
OP
Galway

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Thanks to all who replied.

Wildman. terry. ruffingitsmoothly. robley7636
We took it out and gave it a good shake and then left it laying down for a couple of hours then we refit it and put it back on Gas this morning. Its getting cool but nothing like our house fridge. Flames seems to be fine. Hubby gave it a good clean out.

Wildman.
Yes it is level. :Smile:

robley7636
What we cannot understand is that the freezer is working fine on Gas but the fridge is not.

Thank again to all who helped.

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had the same effect with the same fridge.

The f/f worked fine on 12v and 230v but although the gas flame looked fine the fridge wasn't getting cold. The problem turned out to be the chimney was badly sooted up from using a Spanish Repsol bottle which had been laid on it's side in transit (apparently they put oil in the bottle to prevent rusting I was told). The heat from the gas flame wasn't reaching the exchanger whereas the heat from the 12v and 230v elements being next to the exchanger was o.k.

To rectify we had to remove the fridge to get at the top of the chimney then remove the spiral which is hanging in the chimney and give it a good clean, at the same time remove the burner assembly from the bottom of the chimney. Clean the chimney through (abrasive paper wound round and taped to a bamboo rod did the trick). - what a soot fall we had. Reassemble and hopefully Robert is your fathers brother.

Good luck with it!

OP
OP
Galway

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Thanks Frankia

Will try that.Going to France in 2 weeks.

At least I had a good laugh trying to figure out.
"hopefully Robert is your fathers brother":roflmto::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Galway

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
terry
Don't like to criticise. Reason we won't bring it back to service man.
He serviced boiler and fridge. He replace a board in Boiler £120 sterling.
We had left it to him for 3 hours and when we returned it was ready. His charge was €560 Euro. He is the only Truma serviceman here in Southern Ireland. Needless to say we were not happy. Our Motto next time "If its not broken don't fix it

OP
OP
Galway

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Thanks to all who replied.

We took burner apart again today for the 3 time +.

We got air hose and blew it out, The flame seems to be higher now.

Now my question : How high should the flame be, some say 30 to 35mm.
Is this OK?
How do you turn flame up and down?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you don't ::bigsmile: so ling as it is burning aprox as you say with a nice blue with yellow/orange tip (1/2 ins) all should be good :thumb: make sure it is not sooting
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back