Fridge problem.. (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My fridge in the last two days, the gas light on the panel has been flickering very fast and I've been listening for the gas coming on and haven't heard it so I turn it to "off" and back on again and then I do hear the gas light up and the flickering stops. All this time the fridge is cold and all frozen in the freezer, ive been constantly keeping an eye on it and switching the switch so that's why I think it actually hasn't defrosted, I'm now trying it on auto and the gas came on but I haven't heard it since from over an hour ago but it isn't flickering yet....

I'm not on mains, only 12v when driving and gas when parked up.

So, do I have a problem...?
IMG_0776.JPG

Last edited:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
If it's not "normal" behaviour for said fridge... then I'd hazard a guess that something is amiss.... or possibly on the blink!.. excuse pun!...
As to what it may be... I know not...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Since it's been on auto it's been ok, I'm on leccy now and still good...
I did always put it to the source I had at the time, ie: 12v driving, gas as and when, and 230v when on leccy.... I've never had it on auto before as I don't want it sparking up when I'm filling my gaslow bottles...

Strange I shall keep an eye on it....:Eeek:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
@Smith and Sharp

I keep mine on auto all the time...

BTW... Did you know that when you start engine... it auto switches to 12v....
Then....
When you turn ignition off... the fridge will not power-up on gas for approx 15mins...
This is a safety feature to allow time for you to fill with fuel (LPG) at the garage ;)

The only time switch-over is instant is when plugging / unplugging EHU ;)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Smith and Sharp

I keep mine on auto all the time...

BTW... Did you know that when you start engine... it auto switches to 12v....
Then....
When you turn ignition off... the fridge will not power-up on gas for approx 15mins...
This is a safety feature to allow time for you to fill with fuel (LPG) at the garage ;)

The only time switch-over is instant is when plugging / unplugging EHU ;)

Yip read this before , so tested mine and and had it on auto , then stopped the MH and the gas never lit for at least 10 mins

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
S I've never had it on auto before as I don't want it sparking up when I'm filling my gaslow bottles...
Don't worry Garry, it won't do that. It will not change to gas until the engine has been stopped for 15 minutes, to give you time to fill up with fuel without there being a big bang.

We use ours on auto all the time. Much better than previous motorhome which did not have auto and I was forever discovering warm milk on the cornflakes in the morning because I had forgotten to switch it from 12V when I switched the engine off the previous afternoon.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Stick your hand outside over the top fridge grill if you feel the heat, and smell the burnt gas fumes, tiz working young man(y)

That's a tip I gleaned from @GJH

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Stick your hand outside over the top fridge grill if you feel the heat, and smell the burnt gas fumes, tiz working young man(y)

That's a tip I gleaned from @GJH
If I can't remember the switch the bloody thing over I certainly won't remember to put my hand on fridge grill outside!!

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It's working ok on auto so I'll leave it on that... it was working on manual but the flickering I hadn't seen before....

Thank everyone ....(y)

And it's cloudy and been raining in Marbella today...:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back