Fridge Power On Overnight Ferry. (1 Viewer)

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
What do folks do with the fridge on overnight ferries? Is it ok on 12v for the trip. We have 2 95ah leisure batteries but not sure if this is allowed or the done thing. Thanks in advance!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The 12v only works when your engine is running.. and you can't use gas on a ferry

Fill your fridge to capacity and it will be fine for an overnight trip.. if you have space, put pre frozen plastic bottles of water ..

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We plugged ours in on the ferry at Easter on the way to Santander.

Just ask when you are loading and have your electric cable ready as well as your French conversion ( 2 pin) fitting.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We just loaded the fridge up with everything well chilled and / or frozen (as appropriate) and it was fine on our trip to Santander. Same on the way back. :thumb:

Mike

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now I know they might I would be trying for EHU

Much reduced chance of flat battery as well

Been there, v embarrassing :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
What do folks do with the fridge on overnight ferries? Is it ok on 12v for the trip. We have 2 95ah leisure batteries but not sure if this is allowed or the done thing. Thanks in advance!!

I assume that you are talking about a three way fridge, 240V, 12V or gas. With this type of fridge I use to freeze plastic bottles full of milk and place ion fridge. It keeps the food cold for a long time (providing that you don't keep opening the fridge door) and the milk can be used later.

If you have a 12V only compressor fridge you can leave it on overnight with no problems whatsoever - assuming that you habitation battery has a good charge to start with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I assume that you are talking about a three way fridge, 240V, 12V or gas. With this type of fridge I use to freeze plastic bottles full of milk and place ion fridge. It keeps the food cold for a long time (providing that you don't keep opening the fridge door) and the milk can be used later.

If you have a 12V only compressor fridge you can leave it on overnight with no problems whatsoever - assuming that you habitation battery has a good charge to start with.

Yes. It's a 12/240/Gas fridge. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back