Fridge not working on gas? (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We haven't used the fridge on gas for quite some time although we have used it regularly on ehu and battery. Yesterday we were checking that all hab functions worked before we set off on our 3,000 mile journey to Crete and when the fridge was switched to gas the blue light started flashing. When I switched it to gas I heard the ignition clicking and also heard the gas jet fire. . I turned it down to the lowest setting and left it for a short while but it was still flashing. I also turned it off and on again a couple of times, but still flashing. It works fine on ehu and battery, also the gas cooker works fine. I wondered whether it had to reach its set temperature before it stops flashing, however I am doubting this as it doesn't flash when on ehu or battery. We are running out of time to take it back to the dealers before we leave and we are really not technical at all. Does anyone have any ideas or easy potential fixes that we could try? Thanks.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It might be a dirty or rusty burner, don't rule out a spiders web! The slot in the burner closest to the thermocouple might not be clear.
Burners are generally easy to access via the lower external vent for inspection.

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I had exactly the same problem. I was pulling my hair out. I hadn't used the fridge for many months.

Then someone suggested turn the gas hob on for a few minutes then try lighting the fridge with the gas running.
It sounds crazy I know, but it worked.

The fridge works every time now.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
gas oven

I had the some problem with mine it turned out to be the gas burner had burnt out the man I got in to repair was to say the least useless allthogh after 3 days he got it finally working at a cost of £210 00 steve

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Was your MoHo level? Similar problems had when not parked on the level. Level out and re-try.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back