Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
Hi
What would be wrong with my fridge if it doesn't cool on gas?
Heat comes out the vent but fridge doesn't get cold.
Thanks
Alshymer

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you got the winter vent covers fitted - if so remove them

Is the van level - fridge won't work if more than 6 degrees off level

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Is jet partially blocked, stays lit but doesn't produce enough heat to work fridge. It happened to us years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Model of Fridge please.. ?

as Robert said +

does it cool on mains 240v .. if not, can you feel heat at the back on mains ?

how long are you waiting to see if it's cooling.. ?
it can take a few hours to feel cool and overnight for the fridge to get down to temperature.

If the van is level, you have waited overnight, also tried on mains and still no cooling then it may have lost the refrigerant and require a new cooling unit.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Your flue may need cleaning. This is the exact symptom I had recently in Morocco. No alarms, fridge indicating everything was OK and burner working well. Fortunitly, I was with guys who have had this problem before and they showed me how to clean the Flue.
Problem solved, Fridge working again like it was brand new.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Your flue may need cleaning. This is the exact symptom I had recently in Morocco. No alarms, fridge indicating everything was OK and burner working well. Fortunitly, I was with guys who have had this problem before and they showed me how to clean the Flue.
Problem solved, Fridge working again like it was brand new.
How did you clean the flue?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
If your van has been laid up for a while, could be an air lock in the cooling liquid - happened to me about 3 years ago.Lots of heat coming from fridge vents but no cooling on gas or electric. A helpful Funster suggested driving my motorhome up and down some steep slopes in both directions, sounds crazy but it worked for me!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
How did you clean the flue?
I have a Dometic fridge and as far as I am aware this also applies for most fridges. (There may be other threads with pictures as this is a common cause of fridge failure and many members have resolved the problem by cleaning the flue)>
Turn of gas and lecce supply, remove fridge vent covers, undo burner and pull away from bottom of flue. (Tie a plastic bag to bottom of flue to catch debris). Undo locking nut on T peice on top of flue and remove, remove baffle from flue (clean if covered in soot) and clean Flue with wire brush full length of flue. (You will probably see a whole load of soot in your plastic bag which has prevented heat transfer and the cause of your problem).
Replace everything and you should be good to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back