Fridge cooling fan (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've recently fitted a Riech fridge fan kit and we had the fridge vent covers on due to being cold for a couple of days but the temperature went up a bit and then the fridge fan came on.
So I'm thinking maybe the thermo switch is in the wrong position, so I would like to know where others have fitted their switch.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I've recently fitted a Riech fridge fan kit and we had the fridge vent covers on due to being cold for a couple of days but the temperature went up a bit and then the fridge fan came on.
So I'm thinking maybe the thermo switch is in the wrong position, so I would like to know where others have fitted their switch.
Is that not exactly what the fan is supposed to do?
The fan is designed to cool the back of the fridge when it gets too hot to work efficiently by increasing the airflow. Ours would be on almost constantly when in full sun in Morocco and running on gas.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes it is what it's supposed to do but I just wondered if it was coming on too quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the sensor is supposed to be a bit above and fairly close to the top of the evaporator. From memory it is set to a fairly high temperature, around 50C I think but that temperature is easily reached in normal operation.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just switch off manually
Putting the covers on will increase the temperature due to reduced circulation
Or take the top cover off and see how it goes

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I found putting covers on the top and bottom vents reduced the efficiency of the fridge, even in sub zero temperatures. I just put the bottom one on now, after all, the bottom is where the cold air comes in, the top is where hot air goes out, and it was getting too hot with the top cover on.
We have a fridge fan kit fitted and the sensor is an inch or so above the middle of the evaporator coil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back