Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
You know you're at a good site when after driving 3 hours on motorways in torrential rain you mis-judge reversing into pitch and get stuck in mud! Owners came out and another motorhomer and spent 2 hours jacking us up to get us back on road....they were brilliant.....cheers Pitton Cross in the Gower, you're the best.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
But you do feel as if you should be wearing a special hat

upload_2015-2-13_22-44-6.jpeg

I dare say we have all done similar.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Worst in the day-light when the folks on neighbouring pitches are sat outside, just watching :eek:
(Going back to our caravan days here) :blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have been stuck in deep mud three times. We ought to know better and now we do.

Our most difficult situation was in Italy when we took a farm track downhill and the sludge increased as we went. I had no alternative but to walk to the nearest farm house and use my considerable knowledge of arm waving sign language to indicate that we were in trouble. Perhaps you can envisage arms pretending to turn a steering wheel, then the head on pillow gesture, and the vroom vroom motion to indicate acceleration.

Our farmer did come to help. He did the best he could with his tractor. Sadly, we were too deep in and he had to go back and get his big jobby (monster tractor) out. Luckily, our motorhome held together in one piece and we vowed that we would never ever get into such trouble again..... and apart from once more... we never have.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Got a 360° excavator, been stuck more times than I can remember, got to be better than watching Corrie though eh?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back