Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Total newbie here so forgive the naivety. We obviously don't want to travel with a tank full of water so what happens when we reach a site? There is obviously a water station but is it equipped with a hose or do we have to bring our own? Does it vary site to site? Is it hozelock? Many thanks. Jerry

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Total newbie here so forgive the naivety. We obviously don't want to travel with a tank full of water so what happens when we reach a site? There is obviously a water station but is it equipped with a hose or do we have to bring our own? Does it vary site to site? Is it hozelock? Many thanks. Jerry
Sorry to answer a good question with a question, but what's the problem traveling full of water?
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We arrived at Grantown on Spey in January for three nights, not one of which could we get any water from the taps on site due to temperature

Only top up option was my trusty watering can from the laundry room and we had a full tank on arrival :thumb:

Buckets and watering cans have earned their place in my MH!!

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Our biggest problem is getting the right tap connector. We have a number of different sizes but still encounter difficulties.
The biggest boon is the 12 volt inlet already on the MH. We bought a submersible pump and fill up a 20 litre container which I then transport on a little fold up trolley.
Sounds a bit of a faff but it gets us out if trouble.

We had an external 12 volt point/socket fitted by the dealer when we bought the van. We have the Aquaroll and submersible pump from the caravan, and these are really handy........saves packing away all the stuff and moving across to a water point as well.

We usually travel with the tank half full, but once on site we fill up to 140 litres and keep 40 litres as top-up in the Aquaroll.......as you say, some mind find this a faff, but it's more of a faff to have to drive the van over to the water point and I find it really handy. If we're on the move a lot, then we wouldn't bother with the extra 40 litres and just fill up from whenever we go.
We have plenty space in the garage under the bed for Aquaroll and Wastemaster......plus all the rest of the junk we've aquired over the past year or so!

Welcome to MHFun!

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back