Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
Currently my favourite gadget is this "Heos Solution" Water filler adapter for my Hymer.

It's one of those things that just makes life easier. Swap it for the usual water filler cap, plug in your "Hozelok" bayonet hosepipe, turn on the water and put the kettle on.

The pathetic flow from my flat hosepipe combined with some equally pathetic flow from Site water supplies meant I was crouching down for ages, pointing the hose into the water tank filler. Now I can just have a cuppa whilst watching the fill-level indicator rise. Highly recommended.

Mine uses a 3-lug fitting (to secure to filler inlet) but it comes with adapters for other types. Ā£19

2017-03-10 11.33.21.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I use a 'J' shaped piece of pipe. It's on the end of a short piece of hose with the usually connector so I can attach it to my filling hose.
I made it before the Heos thingy became available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
My hose lock connrctor fits snugly into the filler point and so far there has not been sufficient water pressure to send the hosepipe snaking across the pitch spraying water in all directions.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I carry a small rubberised door wedge to help locate the end of the hose when it's stuffed in the filler hole.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Currently my favourite gadget is this "Heos Solution" Water filler adapter for my Hymer.

It's one of those things that just makes life easier. Swap it for the usual water filler cap, plug in your "Hozelok" bayonet hosepipe, turn on the water and put the kettle on.

The pathetic flow from my flat hosepipe combined with some equally pathetic flow from Site water supplies meant I was crouching down for ages, pointing the hose into the water tank filler. Now I can just have a cuppa whilst watching the fill-level indicator rise. Highly recommended.

Mine uses a 3-lug fitting (to secure to filler inlet) but it comes with adapters for other types. Ā£19

View attachment 151482
Got one of those for under Ā£13 a few weeks ago from Amazon. It was a return but in perfect condition. Found it from a recommendation on this forum.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes good bit of kit(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Got one last year. Dont have to stand there now awaiting the bl**dy pipe to fall out. Good kit, but they dont fit every outlet.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got one last year. Dont have to stand there now awaiting the bl**dy pipe to fall out. Good kit, but they dont fit every outlet.
Prey tell Tootsy what outlet have you tried to fit it to that it didn't .... :D

... er ... on second thoughts ... keep that info to yourself! :eek:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Prey tell Tootsy what outlet have you tried to fit it to that it didn't .... :D

... er ... on second thoughts ... keep that info to yourself! :eek:
They don't fit in mine. I got rid of my heos adapter about 7 years ago when I built my current self build.

My build does allow me to stick about 18" of hose pipe in the hole so no loss as it doesn't eject itself.

This is the one I bought.

Just confirmed it is the Fiamma one.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just did some searching and it looks like Heos now do one for the Fiamma filler cap.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I've got an 8" length of closed cell pipe lagging slid over the end of my hose, with the final couple of inches of pipe clear of the lagging. The hose plus the lagging gives an o/d that is an easy push fit into the filler. Hasn't come out under pressure yet ....

It was a temporary lash-up while I worked out which of the two original types of Heos fitting I needed. The latest version fits both vented & unvented tanks, but while my lash-up is working, I've stuck with it.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
That's so simple @Robert Clark thanks. (y)
I'll knock one up as I've got an old filler cap probably need to put a vent hole in it for my tank tho.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back