Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2015
Hi All, just wanted to introduce myself. Hubby, child and l are thinking of moving up in the world. Giving up the tent in favour of an MH. Confusion reign :Eeek:s though, so much to think about before buying

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hello and :welcome:from Leicestershire,

You will not regret it, sheer luxury after tents, I know ::bigsmile:
Did have caravans for many years, wished I had gone down the MH route earlier.

How exciting for you, take your time and do lots of research, I found that making a list of what you would like, what you can do with/without, layout is very important.

OP
OP
toffe

toffe

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2015
Wow Guys, thanks for replying so quickly. Main question relates to seat belts......is it legal to carryapassanger without one.? Noticed some 4 berth only have driver/passenger belts. We would not child to travel without one,so can we fit a lapbelt to a side facing seat?

Last edited:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I think children under 14 have to have a proper seat belt ,but if you are traveling down the road and another motor swerves to avoid something and hit you .Not your fault but would you want your children sat sideways in a lap belt which in most instances are useless.I dont think so.

OP
OP
toffe

toffe

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2015
Agreed. I think a 3 point belt for our daughter is a must on the requirements list.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kimbo

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
Yate
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi AJS, we're new to motorhoming to (or will be from 28th March when we take delivery of our new Auto Trail). Been caravanning for 9 years so time for change.

Having just bought one my understanding is children under 14 must be belted but adults don't have to so could seat your child in the front with you travelling unbelted in the back (if you think that's a good idea).

We're planning to make a lot of use of the Aires in France and "France Passion" and smilar in other counries. Anyone out there got any advice on this?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Wow Guys, thanks for replying so quickly. Main question relates to seat belts......is it legal to carryapassanger without one.? Noticed some 4 berth only have driver/passenger belts. We would not child to travel without one,so [HI]can we fit a lapbelt to a side facing seat?[/HI]
absolutely no way. with a forward facing seat it needs a substantial steel frame hidden in the seat and bolted to the chassis. side seat are not suitable for belts. fit one and if anyone is injured in an accident you are legally liable.

plenty of vans about with seatbelts in the back, just choose one that has them. much safer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Wow Guys, thanks for replying so quickly. Main question relates to seat belts......is it legal to carryapassanger without one.? Noticed some 4 berth only have driver/passenger belts. We would not child to travel without one,so can we fit a lapbelt to a side facing seat?

Edit welcome

Irrespective of the law proper lap and diagonal belts rule

Lap and side are close to deadly or serious injury time

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread