Frequent Traveller - Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Its not a sea crossing I'm adverse to its the dump they call Dover.
That's a bit harsh, Dover is home to the busiest Port in Europe and has a constant stream of traffic travelling through it and although it's not the prettiest of places there are some wonderful buildings and a magnificent castle. If the Dover-Calais ferry route wasn't so successful I'm sure there wouldn't be a tunnel.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That's a bit harsh, Dover is home to the busiest Port in Europe and has a constant stream of traffic travelling through it and although it's not the prettiest of places there are some wonderful buildings and a magnificent castle. If the Dover-Calais ferry route wasn't so successful I'm sure there wouldn't be a tunnel.
It is harsh but as someone who has had to use the port been stuck in their never ending road improvements, subjected to the 3rd world road surface of the A20 with the constantly closed off laybys. The surrounding area is lovely but the Port and access roads need improving, total embarrassment.

Sorry OP off topic rant over:mad:, I am generally a happy person :).

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Does anyone know what happens if towing a trailer which normally doubles the price? I am assuming you can't use two of your ten each way and you have to pay full price for the trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back