French Tolls Calculator

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Easyliving, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

We are off to Bodensee (aka Lake Constance) in September and I am tempted to do a lot of the mileage on the French motorways even though I don't usually like paying tolls.

This calculator will work out your route for you and tell you how much you would have to pay in tolls. In our case Calais to Strasbourg would cost 75.70 euros which is bearable I suppose. You can't put 'motorhome' in the search criteria though, I went for 'car and caravan', hopefully its the same.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  2. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

We're off via Lake Constance on our way to Northern Italy in late July and we are not going anyway near a toll road (Even through Austria). Via Luxembourg and and then turn south neat Stuttgart, no tolls and cheaper fuel (y)

BTW Google still does the route calculation avoiding tolls. I find Google maps easier to read than most when calculating a journey.

Thanks Antony

3. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

We have got about 18 days away and the plan is to get to Lake Constance asap, stay for a few days then take our time coming back. We stayed on the stellplatz at Radolfzell (I think) on our last trip, very nice. If you haven't been to the lake before I can recommend a boat trip to Mainau Island, beautiful.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

Cheers Paul, the lake does look stunning and the statue guarding the harbour superb (y) It is our first time & a boat trip is a must, can't wait ;)

Thanks Antony

5. Saint76

Saint76 Read Only Funster

Be there again in September lovely quieter than August but still busy on the sites.

6. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Be careful on the toll roads if you are around 3mtrs high that don't have a person at the end to pay as the system is automatic it will want to charge the higher HGV rate, so you have to speak to someone at the control centre and explain you are a motorhome to get the lower charge.

7. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Use the toll m/w quite a bit on last trip as just want to get from A-B as quick as possible and get set up
    Over the 5 weeks it cost us £160 in tolls and only once were we given s class 3 ticket and when we came to pay it would not take the ticket as it wa wading us as class 2
    Nice lady appeared from somewhere and sorted it and we are exactly 3m