French/Spanish Border Controls

Discussion in 'France' started by funkyfunky, Jan 15, 2016.

1. funkyfunky

funkyfunky Funster Life Member

Can any one update us on the state of the French Border controls With Spain near to Pepignan, When we came through early January there were 5 mile queues coming from the Spanish side.
    Best wishes to all.

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...-et-espagne-sont-elles-controlees-862391.html

From what I understand, there are constant controls on the motorway to Spanish borders (Perthus), so ...yes probably long queue.
    Roughly, it says that if you take the "col de Banyuls" on the coast road, it should be control free, but the Police could decide to change this anytime.
    Also , going through Cerbère seems to be a good choice. They do controls now and then only ....without giving any notice!

Hope this helps!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Sunday is the day to avoid. The French go to La Jonquera to replenish Pastis and tobacco supplies. I dont use the toll when travelling La Jonquera/Le Perthus. Old habits die hard and I always fuel up in Jonquera at one of the multitude of truckstops as its much cheaper than the motorway. Its not often you get a queue on the RN, although it can be a little daunting going up the hill in Perthus.

• Like Like x 1