French/Spanish Border Controls (1 Viewer)

funkyfunky

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2013
Lassere-De-Prouille, Aude, France
Funster No
MH
c class Mercedes 310d FFB
Exp
Can any one update us on the state of the French Border controls With Spain near to Pepignan, When we came through early January there were 5 mile queues coming from the Spanish side.
Best wishes to all.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...-et-espagne-sont-elles-controlees-862391.html

From what I understand, there are constant controls on the motorway to Spanish borders (Perthus), so ...yes probably long queue.
Roughly, it says that if you take the "col de Banyuls" on the coast road, it should be control free, but the Police could decide to change this anytime.
Also , going through Cerbère seems to be a good choice. They do controls now and then only ....without giving any notice!

Hope this helps!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sunday is the day to avoid. The French go to La Jonquera to replenish Pastis and tobacco supplies. I dont use the toll when travelling La Jonquera/Le Perthus. Old habits die hard and I always fuel up in Jonquera at one of the multitude of truckstops as its much cheaper than the motorway. Its not often you get a queue on the RN, although it can be a little daunting going up the hill in Perthus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back