French sim for internet access? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Right - I have my unlocked dongle with all settings for Uk and apparently France (it's in the post!) I will need to get a French PAYG sim card to get internet access whilst we are in France - has anyone bought one of these and been successful in using it?
The chap who supplied the dongle etc seems to think I may have to register an address in France to get one.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
french sim/dongle

Hi jaygee......we live in France and are trying to access thro a dongle!!!!.........will you let us know how you get on when you get back or if you get onto the internet let us know while you are over here

Mel

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we do not have a dongle, but when recently in Bennicassim Spain there was a couple with a vodaphone dongle they bought out there for around 60 euros i think ,this could be topped up when required, they had no trouble with internet on the camp at bonterra park, we used the free wi fi at the local library but will look into one for next year. Have a good trip and enjoy. Peter:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I work (well only slightly) in France during the summer months and in the past I have bought French SIMs.

The problems I have found are:

1. If you recharge the SIM by a small amount it will only last 31 days. Larger amount of recharge usually means a longer period of use but I have not found one yet that has an indefinite period.

2. If not used for 6 months the number becomes invalid.

3. It is difiicult to recharge via a credit card as only those registered in France seem to be acceptable.

4. Hence recharging in the UK is dificult so number gets lost.

This year i used a SIM4Travel SIM which allows me to receive calls in France free of charge but otherwise is quite expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back