Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Guys

Hope all that know us are well, infact, we hope you're all well:thumb:, got an interesting question for you

We have a friend with a French registered Adria Coral S650SP which is coming upto 4 years old. They brought it new and it's in excellent condition (except the drinks cabinet which is well hammered:ROFLMAO:)

The thing is they are returning to the UK and want to sell it.

The question is, where's the best place to sell it for a fair price?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hellooooo Graham!

Nice to hear from you!Hope your french life suits you. I guess Chelsea is now able to talk good french! Pass on my hug and kiss to her and Kay!

If i had to sell my car (i still have no motorhome) i would probably put an advert on the free papers. I suppose you have the one with the number of your departement (mine is called "le 31"). But i bet many would use e-bay.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Before bringing it back to the UK to sell I suggest a good look at the implications of transferring to UK registration. There are a number of hoops to jump through. I sold mine quite easily in France before I moved back. An advert on line my regional "Le Bon coin" brought quite a few responses but in the end I sold it to a neighbour

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Bonjoooour Frankie, Hugs n kisses passed on and the same back to you and yours.

Well here we are 9 months in France, and whilst Chelsea's french is much better than oui and no, she a long way from fluent or even confident with the language, she is now ever almost a teeneger and speaks fluent English and rubbish as youd expect:ROFLMAO:.

As for our friend with the van, think hes planning on putting it on Angloinfo, Le bon coin and english Ebay.

He as yet to approach any dealers, either here in france or there in the UK, I think he believes they'll rip his eye balls out as they'd think he was desperate.

I remember there being a dealer in Belguim that did good deals on German vans to the brits, but can't remember who he is, I remember them just in Belguim, france side.

Thanks for the feedback so far, all thoughts welcome:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
having brought one over from Germany I can say getting it registered here was an absolute doddle.

Booked it for MOT, took the MOT, my insurance and the German reg docs to the DVLA, they registered the van issued a reg number all for £80 plus the cost of 6 months road tax.
All done in two days ( Day one MOT, day to over to Ipswich, my preferred DVLA office ! and that was that )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back