French motorways toll free sections

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by walburga, Aug 11, 2009.

1. walburga

walburga Funster

I'm sure I've seen a list of toll free sections of French motorways, but cannot now find it !
    Anybody know where it is ?
    thanks
    Allen

2. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

Simply look at a French Road Atlas and at Motorway junctions if you see the word PEAGE you pay, if not there free.:thumb::thumb:

3. pendy

pendy Read Only Funster

In your TOMTOM preferences you can put "avoid toll roads" we did this last week when we were over in France, and we saw a lot more of the country this way than what we would of just travelling the normal routes.

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

I'm sure you did, and more roundabouts than you can count :Laughing:

Navigating a large MH / RV through quaint French villages for several hundred miles is not a lot of pleasure .. sight seeing is best done with the toad once safely berthed on a nice aire. and besides toll charges are largely negated by better fuel economy and the cost of a divorce lawyer :Rofl1:

safe travels..

jim

5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi Allen, will this link help you, the ones saying gratuit are free or no toll chargers shown, or what toll charge you will pay depending if you are up to 3m high under 3.5 ton class 2.....if you are over 3m high and over 3.5 ton class 3...or 6 wheels (tag axle...articulated..car and caravan higher than 3m and over 3.5 tons class 4
    look lower down the page and also click on various pages companies for more infomation on this link, have a good holiday....from...Mel in France Yorkshire born now living in France

Prix des péages en France - WikiSara