french med,sites open in Oct?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by haggis, Aug 27, 2012.

1. haggis

haggis Deleted User

hello all,Newbie to this site,been almost ten years since my last motorhome trip(had to cure my itchy feet:Rofl1: ),boy technology has moved on since then!! am hoping to head to the French Med,near the end of september till mid october and am looking for reccomendations for sites around Nice,or a little further south that are open at this time of year,also need to be dog friendly,any advice much appreciated!

2. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Hi haggis,
    We are doing exactly the same, heading on the hull to zeebrugge ferry on the 21 September so if you hear of anything decent around Provence could you keep me posted.
    Thanks.

3. nomadic

nomadic Funster

There are a selection of sites open all year, but I would suggest you look at www.vicarious-shop.com and purchase ACSI camping card book. It covers all Europe and beyond, and France is very well represented. In addition to the site season dates, if you go of peak, a discount is available, all explained in the book. Each entry has a list of services available, gps co-ords. and a section map. We have used the ACSI book for a number of years and have been well satisfied with it.

Good luck and enjoy your trips:thumb:

4. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

hi would agree the acsi card very good. it lists the prices of the sites to. 12 14 or 16 euro a night very good value. ivory 55

5. Cyclewalkbob

Cyclewalkbob Funster

We were down there last year till last week in Sept - going again this year on Saturday!!!!!!

Some sites were closing, especially as you got further north towards the coast.

however south of Dordogne the season lasts longer and sites can stay open till nov.

I went by ASCI and Camping Card sites - had caravan at the time - now of course w could use aires for night stopovers.

Have booked Guines in Calais for last night before getting Eurotunnel back.

Have a great trip

cheers

bob