LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
during the summer holls in france my 9 year old had a suspected broken foot. we took him to the main hopital and he was treated,,,brilliantly i might add, we showed our ehic card and thought that was it.

now 8 weeks later we have received a bill for 27 euros from the french hospital. Does anyone know how to pay this bill.
I dont fancy being arrested when arriving in france again.:whatthe:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi there!

Any way you can send me that paper in a PM ? I might be able to tell you what it is . It could be some non-refundable expenses on tablets (judged as comfort tablets not needed tablets , if you see what I mean).

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

OOOps , didn't realised you didn't know HOW to pay it .... no idea ! Send the money to Jim may be, you pay for my 2 next years subs lol and I do the check if it may help no prob for me ! You ask Jim

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Paypal allows a euro payment or just send cash in an envelope

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Paypal allows a euro payment or just send cash in an envelope

I am afraid it won't get to the right destination Roger , and as french post doesn't allow cash (i don't know how they check this BTW) it might go back to England if they find out it is cash!:Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
should have an IBAN number for payment

If you can see an IBAn number your bank can pay it. other wise the offer Frankie has made is very kind of her.

reminds me of when I cut my finger while in the USA.. went to the emergancy room, 5 stiches.. I claimed on my insurance when I got back and said to them I have been stiched up it is now your turn:ROFLMAO:.. boy what a bill.. the insurance paid me less the excess and I paid by credit card. even paid for the pain killer tablets I purchased from a pharmacy...

simples...

Bob:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I had this happen in 2001--got carted off to Bordeaux hospital while on holiday--suspected meningitis. Gave them my insurance papers in the hospital, but after I returned to UK received a small bill ( think it was about £10)--with no address to send it to. I tried every way I could to pay it but without an address I couldn't even send cash so gave up trying & never heard anything again.

Not been arrested yet but guess there's still time..........................

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
I had this happen in 2001--got carted off to Bordeaux hospital while on holiday--suspected meningitis. Gave them my insurance papers in the hospital, but after I returned to UK received a small bill ( think it was about £10)--with no address to send it to. I tried every way I could to pay it but without an address I couldn't even send cash so gave up trying & never heard anything again.

Not been arrested yet but guess there's still time..........................

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You have got away with it so far, But the state of the EURO they need every cent. Whatch your back they will be after you.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
always pay my fines in the USA

I always make sure I pay my fines in the USA.. speeding now and then and parking.. but I do not a want / warrent when I next go in to the USA, so I make sure everything is paid up...

caught speeding by an aircraft in Florida
caught speeding 40 in a posted 30 zone radar car not there when I passed - turned around wrong road and he was there.. New Hampshire state trooper.. on Washington DC plates.
caught parked with off side tyre more then 12" from kerb.. I parked the wrong way round to get my wheelchair out:Sad: Gettysburg town..PA

Using a UK disabled blue badge in a car park in San Diago.... California

Bob.. :Eeek:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I typed quite a long reply in proper English but decided against it, in favour of

What miserable gits.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
IIt used to be easy to use orange (now blue) badges in USA

I typed quite a long reply in proper English but decided against it, in favour of

What miserable gits.

It used to be easy to display the UK orange (now blue disable badge) in the USA.. but a lot of states have the wheelchair (they call it handicapped) symbol on the licence plate .. so they ignore the badge hanging from the mirror.

OK on the whole in shopping malls, but as said in San Diago less than 2 years ago I got fined in a shopping mall .. despite the official seeing the wheelchair being got out of the SUV.. it did not have a disabled tag and that was that. but we paid up.

My daughter was injured in the USA doing her summer stint on Camp America .. despite having insurance paid for by the organisation we still got a bill bill for her arm injury.. took for ever to get resolved.. but the hospital instructed solicitors in the UK to get the money.. had many a legal letter back and forth before the bill was paid in the US by Camp America.. so it is worth a) having good insurance cover in the USA and b) in Euope make sure you have your E card and it is valid and up todate (yes they do expire) plus insurance .. of join someone like ADAC as we have which has also an air Ambulance service as part of the deal. (not just camper repair / recovery).

But the disabled issue is something you get used to dealing with.. it is life. I like to travel and it can be just an added cost.. so I get use to it.

Bob

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I will say that Bob, if you didn't have a complete sense of the ridiculous before you were disabled, you certainly have to get one once you are, don't you? - as in 'Does he take milk?' which was a brilliant prog.

I've said elsewhere that I'm diabetic (none of this PWiD business for me, please note) and we get stuff like Oooh - you don't look diabetic! Or My friend's second cousin's mother-in-law's got that, but she's got (this or that complication) - so you obviously haven't got it as bad as her yet, have you? - how long have you had it? 39 years madam .......

And even the buffoon in charge of the 'Long Term Conditions' bit at our PCT saying the following at a symposium for all us chronic condition people, uttering the words in a prepared speech '.... someone with mild diabetes ....' - and being most affronted when I later accosted him and offered to punch his lights out if he ever uttered such a phrase again. They hold these things regularly and you know what? - I've never been again - and these are the folk who hold the purse strings that keep me alive. :Doh:
(Diabetes is like pregnancy - there aren't degrees of it, you've either got the thing or you ain't! You have pregnancy Mrs Bloggs, it's only mild at the moment and you'll probably find it gets far worse before it gets better. After it's initial onset, it builds up quite quickly until it reaches a crisis at the 9 months mark. You will of course get the after-effects of it for ever. But never mind, it usually resolves itself when you die and don't have to worry about your children any more)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Using E111 in Spain

I had to go to Callela hospital for a very irregular heart beat a couple of weeks ago. We decided to come home early as we were both worried about being ill and being so far away from home.

They took all my information, treated me very well indeed and we left - highly delighted with the service and the fact that we had not been charged anything! Should we expect a letter to drop on our doorstep someday soon do you think??

The day after we arrived home I was taken by ambulance to the CCU in Rotherham where I spent 3 days before they managed to sort me out with tablets to stop the Atrial Fibrilation.

Hopefully everything will be ok soon and we can start planning our next trip to Spain in January.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back