French holiday over, disaster averted! (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Oh dear, headed up to the tunnel yesterday after a lovely weekend in Trois ready for my civilised 8.20am departure, was cheeky and went to the terminal at 11.30pm to see if I could get an earlier train. I arrived at the terminal, you could see they had prepared for the strike with portable toilets and coned queues, but all quiet, went to ticket booth to be told my departure date was a week ago and it was now invalid, so €330 extra please, OMG :Eeek: said Merci but Non and went to a siding to check the Internet, found a ferry boat P&O for 8.20am for £50 so took that, have just slept at the docks will explain the system later, checked in to avoid queue and was put on the 0640hrs arriving UK 7.20am :thumb: so now on ferry having breakfast ::bigsmile:

Au revoir France, Bonjour England et FUN :thumb:

So moral of story check double check and triple check ANY dates when booking, wife had dates selected them then was sent back a few pages when priced changed on booking confirmation, seems at one stage date changed and she didn't spot it, advice given :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back an hour earlier than planned so no problem, had a better sleep in the secure ferry terminal than planned Carrefore stop ::bigsmile:

And THANK GOODNESS for mobile mifi as online prices way cheaper than at the door :thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Now back in England :thumb:

Lovely cool air, just need some rain now ::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:Eeek::Eeek: Being told your departure was a week ago must have been awful.....we missed meeting you by a day as we arrived Sunday at Calais Plage noonish and sailed yesterday morning on PO's 5.30am sailing

We are now back home and it is raining here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
:Eeek::Eeek: Being told your departure was a week ago must have been awful.....we missed meeting you by a day as we arrived Sunday at Calais Plage noonish and sailed yesterday morning on PO's 5.30am sailing

We are now back home and it is raining here
time and time again,i have to repeat,IT ALWAYS RAINS IN WALES:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
"I arrived at the terminal, you could see they had prepared for the strike with portable toilets and coned queues, but all quiet, went to ticket booth to be told my departure date was a week ago and it was now invalid, so €330 extra please, OMG said Merci but Non and went to a siding to check the Internet, found a ferry boat P&O for 8.20am for £50 so took that"

Thank God for the internet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back