French dog sitters

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Mags52, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

I wasn't sure if this should go in the pet thread or the continental one - so forgive me if I'm in the wrong one.
    Do any of you Francophiles know whether there are the equivalent of dog sitters in France? What I mean is a person who boards dogs in their home rather than in kennels? We would like to take our two mutts with us on a long tour of Europe but need someone to care for them for one week in Burgundy during that time. Here they have stayed with dog sitters as part of the family and been very happy. Not sure how they would cope in kennels.
    Alternatively, if anyone knows a dog lover living in Burgundy who would like to earn some euros looking after two dogs for us next summer for a week that would be ideal.
    Thanks for any help or ideas.
    Mags

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Yes we do have this kind of helping service

Best is to check at the nearest vet's office or if there 's any store on your way devoted to animals you should have informations there too. Otherwise type this in google's search, followed by the name (check the spelling!!!!) of the town you re visiting : "faire garder son animal"

hope it helps

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

3. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

There are also lots of Brits in France who do pet sitting. Burgundy will have a local forum--try searching angloinfo Burgundy.

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Thank you for these two really useful suggestions. :BigGrin:
    They help a lot
    Mags