French Connections (of The Hose Variety).

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wingman, Jun 3, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Funster

Oh no! Not MORE hose connectors and adaptors???

I thought I'd cracked it. I've got a box of every conceivable hose adaptor required for the various UK (and particularly French) taps; or so I thought!

It appears that the French have been making changes to some of their fresh water service points on Aires. These service points - named Urbafox - have a different connector to ones we are normally used to. I also came across an article regarding this in MMM magazine which seems to confirm their growing use.

These Urbafox service units require a sort of hozelock male-to-male straight connector which fits the unit and then another adaptor onto your hose. They are similar in design to hozelock, but not quite the same size?

Has anyone come across these new service points?

2. petethemover

petethemover Funster

Two weeks ago at Villandry Aire. Had to keep pressing in the hozelock male to male, got soaked and lost a great deal during the timed session. A Dutchman took pity and lent me his adapter, only fractionaly longer ( 2mm?), wouldnt know where to obtain one. Perhaps the brass hozelock adapter may fit better.

3. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Didn't the MMM article mention the name of the company (like hoselock) that made them along with where to buy them?
    I'd look in the MMM but I've just given it away, so if you've still hit a copy, can you let me know? If not I will ask for the mag back and will check and post on here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Not yet, but you can get a male to male adapter in the Range for under two quid, maybe not much use to you if you're away but a male to male adapter may help @old-mo with his request in his recent post :LOL:
    edit, just read Pete's post about it being 2 mm longer, may be the clincher for Mo ?

5. RicknSue

RicknSue Read Only Funster

I just looked at the MMM article. This is the information for buying the parts online from the French DIY chain LeRoy Merlin.
    Gardena 616-26 hose adaptor female part sold by Leroy Merlin as 66741836 €4.95
    Hose joint male to male 931-26 Leroy Merlin part number 6674205 €2.95
    Leroymerlin.fr

• Like Like x 4
  6. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

At Nante Municipal camp site I used Hozelock m/m successfully and also bought a Robinet (tap) that fits as well-handy if you just want to fill a container.(y)

7. wingman

wingman Funster

After writing the OP, I did a bit of hunting. Looked on Amazon as they do Gardena fittings. On looking at the item description of both adaptors it appears the part numbers were the same as the ones on the French Leroymerlin website.

As I'm going to do a lot of Aires this summer and even though I have loads of hozelock stuff, I bought the straight adaptor and the corresponding connector so that I don't get caught out.

This is in the full knowledge that some funster or other will come up with a work-around (n)

• Like Like x 1
  8. WillH

WillH Funster

Watering can?

9. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Look at www.worldofgardena.co.uk
    Prices are similar to Amazon and they offer different postage options depending on his quickly you need them. Codes look to be the same.

10. RicknSue

Mike and Carolyn We were at the Nantes Aire ( on the University Campus) about 10 days ago, we filled up successfully and I didn't notice that they had adopted the new system. I cant actually remember which adaptor we used. WillH filling up a 110 litre tank might take awhile from a watering can and we have a Whale pump sysyem

11. chaser

chaser Funster

If it's a male out can't you just shove your hose over it

12. chaser

chaser Funster

13. RicknSue

I haven't come across them personally but according to the article in MMM its a female connection and its called an Urbaflux Totem CC and its being fitted on quite a few aires. I would imagine quite a few French motorhomers will have problems too.

14. colinw

colinw Read Only Funster

Mother in law just bought me the 2 connectors , just need to pick up a watering can now and I'll have all angles covered .
    Thanks for another helpful post guys !
    2 weeks until our French trip begins .

15. frogijock

frogijock Funster

Nip in to a bricolage ( DIY) and buy one there

16. frogijock

frogijock Funster

No as the fitting on the delivery unit is female