LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So if you guyes are ordering them, what type are you ordering ? I mean, get the wong one and in all honesty it would be pretty valueless as far as a French police officer was concerned ! ( thats if ANYONE ever gets asked for one, as Frankie says !! )

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just noticed also their web site gives a 0844.....tel number and states it is free from BT landlines. This is NOT true, even if like me you have a BT all-in package there is a charge for these calls. Another con ? :Angry:

Now this is something that gets me down. These numbers along with 0845 are premium rate numbers and if the company splurge says they are free, I would be reporting them to Trading Standards.

We are with talk talk and I think June has done a deal with them which makes these numbers free.
Jim
:Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
So if you guyes are ordering them, what type are you ordering ? I mean, get the wong one and in all honesty it would be pretty valueless as far as a French police officer was concerned ! ( thats if ANYONE ever gets asked for one, as Frankie says !! )

John, for France you need the .02 version but it also has to be NF approved and marked.

Now this is something that gets me down. These numbers along with 0845 are premium rate numbers and if the company splurge says they are free, I would be reporting them to Trading Standards.

We are with talk talk and I think June has done a deal with them which makes these numbers free.
Jim
:Smile:

Jim,my BT package includes 0845 nos but not 0844, which although not particularly expensive, up to 5p /min. & I expect they will keep you holding on. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just read in the Daily Mail ( so it must be true) from July the French authorities will require all motorists to carry a breathalyser kit in their car to prove they are driving within the limits of 50mg of alcahol.
a fine if you don,t carry one, will be 11 euros. so think on all you continental travellers purchase one or two so you can test yourself, before you travel they are available on the ferries so they say.:Doh:
Will not be enforcable until 1st November:RollEyes:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Extract from a web site... Link Removed

the type of breathaliser is 0.5mg ( 50Mg will be 10 x over the limit>>>)

France has strict drink driving laws, blood alcohol levels being stricter than in the UK (0.5 mg/ml rather than 0.8). Rather than present you with meaningless figures relating to blood/breath alcohol levels, our advice is if you're driving, don't drink. NEW! From July 1st 2012 you must carry a breathalyser kit in the vehicle.

i was lucky.. i bought mine when all the debate was going on only £4 for 3 in a pack. ( smart ass! i know! :Blush: )

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That is the one

I also ordered some last week which according to their blurb should arrive by this weekend.........I sha'nt hold my breath :Angry:

Just noticed also their web site gives a 0844.....tel number and states it is free from BT landlines. This is NOT true, even if like me you have a BT all-in package there is a charge for these calls. Another con ? :Angry:

That is the one, yes he says calls free.. I am a mind to report it to the advertising standards authority.. we will see if the refund comes back.. not the money, just the principle that I do not like being taken for a ride.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
according to the site

according to the site he shows a certificate that is in English and French which says it meets the regulations.. but I would not hold my breath.. pity he was not selling on ebay or had paypal.. but at least I did not pay the £27 for a solar panel like some did... my spend was £2.50... not the money it is the principle.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well lets hope with this post others will not get taken

Extract from a web site... Link Removed

the type of breathaliser is 0.5mg ( 50Mg will be 10 x over the limit>>>)

France has strict drink driving laws, blood alcohol levels being stricter than in the UK (0.5 mg/ml rather than 0.8). Rather than present you with meaningless figures relating to blood/breath alcohol levels, our advice is if you're driving, don't drink. NEW! From July 1st 2012 you must carry a breathalyser kit in the vehicle.

i was lucky.. i bought mine when all the debate was going on only £4 for 3 in a pack. ( smart ass! i know! :Blush: )

Lets hope with these posts others will not get taken by this kind of concern that takes the money and does not send the goods... claiming he is waiting for stock.. an honest person would say he has no stock and not take the money until he had the goods to supply.. but there is always someone out there trying to make a fast buck:Angry:

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back