French and Spanish gas bottles (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are running down one of our 2 x6k calor propane bottles to make room for another bottle, we are off to Spain for the winter traveling through France.
my question is, if we buy a French bottle in France,we have the adaptor, will we be able to change it in Spain or are they different bottles and fittings?
Don't want to buy a full one in France when we only plan to stay in the country for around a month then have to buy another in Spain.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, the french bottle are not the same.

We have 2 refillable bottles, so can fill anywhere in France with lpg/ gpl/ autogas whatever you want to call it, but as we stay on site for long periods in Spain, we take one off and have a Spanish bottle that can be changed on the site or any ( in our case ) Cepsa garage, the other company are Repsol but the bottles are heavier but easier to get second hand at charity shops / boot fairs or people selling them on sites. ::bigsmile:

To get a bottle from the company you will have to have a gas check and pay a deposit on the bottle, a bit like calor.

If you get on of these: Link Removed

And one of these: Link Removed

That will clip onto the spanish bottle, and the adaptor will srew onto your propane fitting for you calor and onto the valve.

Bob.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
If you choose to buy gas bottles in Spain go for Repsol which is readily available throughout Spain, the same is not true with Cepsa which is virtually unavailable north of Valencia . We discovered this on our recent journey in that part of Spain and ended up having to buy Repsol ......... now we have both types :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
I had the same issue.

My solution was to by 1 GAS Low Bottle and filler and install in the gas cupboard along with my calor lite bottle (for emergencies). I can then fill up the GAS Low anywhere, but if there is an issue I have a full 6kg Calor.

Of course this depends how new your motorhome is - if newer the regulator should be ok with both.

M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back