Free Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sible Hedingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since July 2012
Thanks to those who chose to reply. I am hanging in here but on a slim thread.
The night before it was -26 and even the fairly fast flowing stream had all but frozen over. Perhaps that's why I slept so well ' cause I couldn't hear it. I have just one days skiing left before I return to good old UK, can't say I'm looking forward to the drive. Does any one know where I can overnight in safety, in Calais. I don't want to collect any un-wanted baggage overnight in the lockers !!

When I get back I will make a posting and perhaps who knows it may help another new-be. Until then Aufweidersehen,

By the way it was ......Absolutely excellent skiing conditions

Romatone

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Wissant

I had a interesting night at the Calais marina aire a month or three ago and when I posted about it was said others used the aire in Wissant.

I have never been there but it is located at:

Accès/adresse :
Avenue Georges Clémenceau, D940
62179 WISSANT

Latitude : (Nord) 50.88682° Décimaux ou 50° 53′ 12′′
Longitude : (Est) 1.67027° Décimaux ou 1° 40′ 12′′

Tarif : 2011
Gratuite

Its not far away from Calais and I hope it helps.:thumb:

OP
OP
R

Romatone

Free Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sible Hedingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since July 2012
MikeD

Thanks for that. So the interesting one in Calais what problems do you have?

I drove from Switzerland to Luxembourg yesterday in bad weather, but smiled at the tank station prices. £ 1.02 pee litre. Arrived at this campsite in Arlon, stayed here on my way down and in that bad weather forced me to come back to where I new it was.I have never seen it in the daylight, maybe my previous report on it wasn't a fair. It's 250 miles from Calais and just off the main E25 so it is convenient but haven't used the loo or shower yet so will withhold my judgement. It is reasonable at 16 euro a night and wi fi is free, but only 6 amps electric and there is no earth on the electrical wiring.

I will have a look at the Wissant site. Not sure how far I can make today they have had quite a bit of snow here but it is above freezing at the moment. Anyway thanks again

Romatone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We stayed at Wissant 01.12.12, lovely Aire close to the town but no water tap. There is a grey water drain with a small round drain cover for loo emptying but you need to use your grey water to rinse. The local buses park overnight there but they came in relatively early in the evening so weren't a problem. We will definitely use it again :Smile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Cite De Europe - no facilities other than shopping centre. Stayed here several times now - dead handy for the Chunnel

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Usual advice would be to stay somewhere a little further away from port towns due to unwanted hitch hikers you may pick up. Depends on your outfit though!

Sible Hedingham eh? Other Halfs' family all live around Sible, Castle or Toppesfield!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back