Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Ours is vented with inlet/exhaust on the outside of the van as well.I'm sure they are designed for all day/night use but......

If we're on EHU we always use the electric heater option.Personally I always switch the gas off at night for safety reasons.

Just a quick blast of the blown air in the morning and all is warm again.

Matter of habit I suppose and safety for the Family.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We left our gas heating ticking over when we were at Newark - now everybody parked up near me will be 'phew-ing' with relief that we didn't blow up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Surely if it properly maintained there's not much to worry about - and it keeps the bed lovely and warm (it's underneath it.)

John

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I used my blown air heating at Newark :winky: although on Saturday night the rain did tried to put it out:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have left gas heater on all night when we had our Autoquest, surely they are designed to do this as they are vented outside with no flame inside, am I correct or just lucky to have survived:thumb:

i would agree with you.

ours has a 'balanced flue' type exhaust just like your wall mounted boiler at home and you dont turn that off at night, do you.!

draws fresh air from outside and expels waste gasses outside, providing the outlet isnt below an open window i cant see a problem.

john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back